Old 06-25-2008, 06:15 PM
William Case

Default Double checking grub-install ??

Hi;

I have to run fixmbr on my WindowsXP harddisk (sda). I assume this use
of fixmbr will blow away my grub. So after running fixmbr I will go to
my Fedora rescue disk and do:

grub-install --root-directory=/boot /dev/sdb

That is; I want grub stage1 on the mbr of sda while I want stage2 on
sdb /boot.

I am looking for confirmation that this is a correct strategy and the
proper use of the grub-install command.

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.2