Old 06-25-2008, 02:42 PM
Markus Bonet

Default Standby (S3) problem since 2.6.24

I recently upgraded from F8 to F9.

Problem occured first time on F8. Since kernel 2.6.24 is used (same for
2.6.25), there is a strange problem with standby.
When system is coldstarted (complete boot), it is no problem to set system
to standby (S3).
System will wake up withput problems and I can resume work normally as
expected.
The next time I set system to standby the computer will go down but will
wake up again immediately.
During this, the HDD and the fans shut down but system wakes up again after
that. I can work on as nothing has happened.

I have no clue about this.. so maybe I will try to use a 2.6.23 kernel
under F9, though I need to compile first.

Some short info about the computer:
- ASRock 939N68PV-GLAN
- X2 3800
- Nforce 630A/GeForce 7050 (onboard) - using livna nvidia driver

Any hint is highly appreciated
Markus
PS: Sorry for "crossposting" to the forum and to the mailing list - I hope
to reach someone who knows something about this strange behaviour.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:53 PM
"Andras Simon"

On 6/25/08, Markus Bonet <m.bonet@gmx.de> wrote:
> I recently upgraded from F8 to F9.
>
> Problem occured first time on F8. Since kernel 2.6.24 is used (same for
> 2.6.25), there is a strange problem with standby.
> When system is coldstarted (complete boot), it is no problem to set system
> to standby (S3).
> System will wake up withput problems and I can resume work normally as
> expected.
> The next time I set system to standby the computer will go down but will
> wake up again immediately.
> During this, the HDD and the fans shut down but system wakes up again after
> that. I can work on as nothing has happened.

I see something vaguely similar on an eee pc, but only since
yesterday. Perhaps it's caused by a yum update I did, which updated

wpa_supplicant-0.6.3-6.fc9.i386
libsysfs-2.1.0-4.fc9.i386
selinux-policy-3.3.1-69.fc9.noarch
selinux-policy-targeted-3.3.1-69.fc9.noarch
hal-info-20080607-1.fc9.noarch

and a bunch of perl-related stuff. If so, then the culprit in your
problem may be one of these packages, too.

Andras