Old 06-25-2008, 03:19 PM
aravindn

Default problem using tix library in Fedora 9

While trying to use the tix library to create a scrolledHList as follows i get an error.
test.py
---------
from Tkinter import *
import Tix
root = Tix.Tk()
win = Frame()
win.pack()
shl = Tix.ScrolledHList(win)

Error
--------
python test.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "test.py", line 8, in
shl = Tix.ScrolledHList(win)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/lib-tk/Tix.py", line 1306, in __init__
cnf, kw)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/lib-tk/Tix.py", line 307, in __init__
self.tk.call(widgetName, self._w, *extra)
_tkinter.TclError: unknown color name "{#c3c3c3}"
I get the same error on using the tix library with a tcl program. Further, the same code (both python and tcl programs) work on Fedora core 8.
I have the following versions of packages intstalled.
tix-8.4.2-5.fc9.i386
tkinter-2.5.1-25.fc9.i386
tk-8.5.1-4.fc9.i386

I would greatly appreciate help in resolving this problem.
Thanks
Aravind

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=273486&topic_id=58634&forum= 10#forumpost273486
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster@fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame aravindn@yahoo.com.