Old 12-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Arijit Sarkar

Default Is Rawhide usable for day-to-day operation - reply when you've time, no hurry

Hi,
For the past one year (almost) I am into Linux world. I used Ubuntu and
then Debian on my desktop before. Recently I've installed Fedora 8 into
my laptop after hearing lots of good things about it. And I found that
in many cases Fedora 8 is better than Ubuntu 7.04 (frank opinion). No
matter how "easy to use" ubuntu methods are, I found some interesting
learning curves/excitements in Fedora. So I choose Fedora for my lenovo
N3000.

Now, while using /debian/, I learned about its /testing, unstable/
branches. Later I successfully switched to "/Testing/" (currently
'/lenny/') and quite happy to use that. Since it's a home PC, I don't
mind if sometimes few things break and I've wait for few days for the fixes.

Does Fedora has three branches like debian - /stable, testing, unstable/
? I guess "rawhide" is like "testing" in debian. Am I correct?
In debian, people thinks that 'testing' distribution is almost usable
for day-to-day use. Can rawhide be used for the same? Is
'debian-testing' and 'fedora-rawhide' comparable?
Can I install a /rawhide /for my laptop? Can you suggest the move to
'rawhide' fedora install.