Old 06-24-2008, 09:02 PM
"Bill Neidert"

Default Install problems

I ran fedora 8 on this system but had to replace
the motherboard.* The new one has the Intel X38 chipset.* I can't find
anywhere a list of what is supported.* I have a fedora 8 live cd and it
boots fine and works.* When I try to re-enstall fedora 8 or 9 from
installation disks I get the following error when I run in the text
mode:
*
/dev/sdg:"isw" and "ddf1" formats discovered (using
ddf1)
ERROR: ddf1: cannot find virtual drive record on
/dev/sdg
*
At this point, the system locks up and I haven't
been able to get a prompt to try to find out whats happening.* Any
Ideas?
*
Any help would be appreciated.
*