Old 12-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Arijit Sarkar

Default How to Enable in-built camera on laptop?

Hi,

I have Lenovo 3000 N100 series laptop. It has integrated webcam on top
of the screen area.
Recently I've removed winxp home (got it pre-installed) and installed
Fedora 8.
Almost everything's fine. Bluetooth is working. Didn't check WLAN
(wireless internet is not popular in my country). But the in-built
webcam is not detected/working. How can I enable it?

Any guide will be appreciable.

regards,

Arijit Sarkar

Old 12-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Jonathan Dieter

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 21:06 +0530, Arijit Sarkar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Lenovo 3000 N100 series laptop. It has integrated webcam on top
> of the screen area.
> Recently I've removed winxp home (got it pre-installed) and installed
> Fedora 8.
> Almost everything's fine. Bluetooth is working. Didn't check WLAN
> (wireless internet is not popular in my country). But the in-built
> webcam is not detected/working. How can I enable it?
> Any guide will be appreciable.
>
> regards,
>
> Arijit Sarkar

You could try enabling the livna repository and installing kmod-gspca.
It has support for many different webcams.

Jonathan