Old 12-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Aaron Konstam

Default Dangers of having a manal for your machine.

On Fri, 2007-11-30 at 16:25 -0500, Tom Stewart wrote:
> Anything here [1] of value?
>
> [1] http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latd810/en/index.htm
>
> Quoting Aaron Konstam <akonstam@sbcglobal.net>:
>
> > Some time ago I made the statement that my Dell Latitude D810
> machine
> > came without a user's manual.
> > I was jumped on by list members who showed me the web page for the
> > User's manual.
> >
> > Well right now I can't find any collection of search words in google
> > get me that manual, For example the search terms, "Users Manual Dell
> > Latitude D810" only get me the service manual.
> >
> > Can anyone find where the manual is located?
> >ooling around with the various keys. This morning

Thanks to the tip above manged to get a Users Manual for my Latitude
D810 but this is fraught with dangers. I was reading it and finding out
things I did not know. This morning my wireless did not work. I went
into panic mode and called Dell. Was I embarrassed when the technician
pointed out I had typed -Fn-F2 in my investigation the night before.
Just an illustration of the dangers of reading the manual. Be warned :-)