Old 06-23-2008, 08:43 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"

Default Thunderbird (again!?!?)

Sorry for asking questions about Thunderbird again...

It seems that when there are new messages to be received,
Thunderbird does not automatically obtain the new messages
to be downloaded from IMAP into my offsite/local and let
me know that I have new messages when there are subfolders
besides Inbox. Seems that I have to check each and every subfolder
to find out if there are any new messages in them.

I have a case on the IMAP server where there are rules that detect
and move new messages out of Inbox and into assigned subfolders.

So what can I do to get Thunderbird to check all my subfolders
and download the new messages for me?

BTW:
1) I do notice that each subfolder has a menu item called
"Favorite Folder" but what is this really? Enabling it does
not seem to do anything in particular as far as I can tell.

2) Clicking on 'Get Mail', or 'Get all new Messages' but again
it does not seem to do anything other than with Inbox.

Yes, I do have 'Check New Messages' option enabled for every 1
minute and yes, it works for Inbox - just that it does not know anything
about subfolders having new messages in them. Is there some sort of
option somewhere to check all subfolders for new messages?

Thanks!
Dan

Old 06-23-2008, 11:38 PM
Craig White

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 13:43 -0700, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> Sorry for asking questions about Thunderbird again...
>
> It seems that when there are new messages to be received,
> Thunderbird does not automatically obtain the new messages
> to be downloaded from IMAP into my offsite/local and let
> me know that I have new messages when there are subfolders
> besides Inbox. Seems that I have to check each and every subfolder
> to find out if there are any new messages in them.
>
> I have a case on the IMAP server where there are rules that detect
> and move new messages out of Inbox and into assigned subfolders.
>
> So what can I do to get Thunderbird to check all my subfolders
> and download the new messages for me?
>
> BTW:
> 1) I do notice that each subfolder has a menu item called
> "Favorite Folder" but what is this really? Enabling it does
> not seem to do anything in particular as far as I can tell.
>
> 2) Clicking on 'Get Mail', or 'Get all new Messages' but again
> it does not seem to do anything other than with Inbox.
>
> Yes, I do have 'Check New Messages' option enabled for every 1
> minute and yes, it works for Inbox - just that it does not know anything
> about subfolders having new messages in them. Is there some sort of
> option somewhere to check all subfolders for new messages?
----
right click on any folder and select properties.

check the box labeled 'check this folder for new messages'

Craig