Old 06-23-2008, 06:52 PM

Default Yum/not Yum

Just not sure where to get this package from?

-
> 3: yum --enablerepo=pptp-stable install pptpconfig
>
> The RPMs in number 1 are in my package, and I suppose I can locate 2
> (pptp-release-current.noarch.rpm) and get a local
> copy.
>
> But if I want to make it so Internet is not needed to install this I
> have to find a way to do #3 locally (get files and
> place in my installation package rather than use yum). I also have to
> find pptp-release-current.noarch.rpm.
>
> Any ideas on 2 and 3 so I can make a package not requiring internet
> (nor yum)?

Download the packages and use "yum localinstall <package1>
<package2>" (maybe disable the default repos so it doesn't try to check
them on the net), or just use rpm if you're sure there are no dependency
issues.

poc

Old 06-23-2008, 07:53 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 18:52 +0000, tony.chamberlain@lemko.com wrote:
> Just not sure where to get this package from?

(Please don't top-post. This is not a top-posting list)

man yumdownloader

poc