Old 06-23-2008, 05:19 PM
"Richard Shaw"

Default Install LiveCD to SD flash memory with overlay on different disk?

I am trying to adapt the guide from:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraLiveCD/USBHowTo

Assuming I can get Fedora to read the card reliably and the BIOS to
boot from it, is it possible to move the overlay file to a NTFS
partition and have it find it correctly on boot? I'm currently using a
1GB SD card which does not leave much room for storing a persistent
overlay. Also, I would like to keep the writes to the card at a
minimum to prolong it's life.