Old 06-23-2008, 03:48 PM

Default yum / not yum

I am making (actually made) an install package to install a PPTP VPN.
It does the following:

1:** rpm -Uvh* dkms-2.0.5-1.noarch.rpm* * * kernel_ppp_mppe-0.0.5-2dkms.noarch.rpm**** libglade-0.17-14.i386.rpm*** libxml-1.8.17-6.i386.rpm

2:** rpm -Uvh http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/yum/stable/fc6/pptp-release-current.noarch.rpm

3:** yum --enablerepo=pptp-stable install pptpconfig

The RPMs in number 1 are in my package, and I suppose I can locate 2 (pptp-release-current.noarch.rpm) and get a local
copy.

But if I want to make it so Internet is not needed to install this I have to find a way to do #3 locally (get files and
place in my installation package rather than use yum).* I also have to find pptp-release-current.noarch.rpm.

Any ideas on 2 and 3 so I can make a package not requiring internet (nor yum)?

Old 06-23-2008, 05:31 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 15:48 +0000, tony.chamberlain@lemko.com wrote:
> I am making (actually made) an install package to install a PPTP VPN.
> It does the following:
>
> 1: rpm -Uvh dkms-2.0.5-1.noarch.rpm
> kernel_ppp_mppe-0.0.5-2dkms.noarch.rpm
> libglade-0.17-14.i386.rpm libxml-1.8.17-6.i386.rpm
>
> 2: rpm -Uvh
> http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/yum/stable/fc6/pptp-release-current.noarch.rpm
>
> 3: yum --enablerepo=pptp-stable install pptpconfig
>
> The RPMs in number 1 are in my package, and I suppose I can locate 2
> (pptp-release-current.noarch.rpm) and get a local
> copy.
>
> But if I want to make it so Internet is not needed to install this I
> have to find a way to do #3 locally (get files and
> place in my installation package rather than use yum). I also have to
> find pptp-release-current.noarch.rpm.
>
> Any ideas on 2 and 3 so I can make a package not requiring internet
> (nor yum)?

Download the packages and use "yum localinstall <package1>
<package2>" (maybe disable the default repos so it doesn't try to check
them on the net), or just use rpm if you're sure there are no dependency
issues.

poc