-   -   NetworkManager -- and what else?? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/111914-networkmanager-what-else.html)

Beartooth 06-23-2008 02:56 PM

NetworkManager -- and what else??

The man pages are pretty sparse. But it often fails, at least
here. What are you supposed to do, in order to try again to connect? (Say
you know you *have* a connection; your other machines are doing fine...)

There's a launcher that looks like two monitors on a vertical
pipe; right-click and get its Properties, and it tells you it runs the
command usr/bin/system-config-network. Left-click, give it root's
password, and it shows you all sorts of nice GUI stuff including buttons
to 'activate' or 'deactivate' your ethX. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it
even makes a connection after NM has failed.

Often both fail. Then what?