Old 06-23-2008, 08:26 AM
"Jouk Jansen"

Default (fedora) vpnc on fedora9 drops frequently

superprad@gmail.com wrote on 20-JUN-2008 18:49:04.54

>Has anyone noticed this on fedora-9. I use vpnc and it drops my network
>connection every few minutes of inactivity. I'll have to restart my network
>and reconnect through vpnc again.

Does it drop the network or only the VPN-connection. Normally the
VPN-servers are configured to drop the connection on inactivity (so they
will also drop when the client dies). I normally solve this by running a
"dummy" process which keeps activity on the line : i.e. a remote xclock
displaying on the remote vpn-client.

Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

Jouk Jansen

joukj@hrem.nano.tudelft.nl

Technische Universiteit Delft tttttttttt uu uu ddddddd
Kavli Institute of Nanoscience tttttttttt uu uu dd dd
Nationaal centrum voor HREM tt uu uu dd dd
Lorentzweg 1 tt uu uu dd dd
2628 CJ Delft tt uu uu dd dd
Nederland tt uu uu dd dd
tel. 31-15-2782272 tt uuuuuuu ddddddd