-   -   OAFIID:GNOME_NotificationAreaApplet (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/111366-oafiid-gnome_notificationareaapplet.html)

"James Corteciano" 06-22-2008 02:38 PM

OAFIID:GNOME_NotificationAreaApplet

Hi All,

I am using Fedora 9 and default Gnome version. Every time I've log-in, I'd received the following a pop-up error message:

----------------
The panel encountered a problem while loading
OAFIID:GNOME_NotificationAreaApplet

----------------

Anyone how to fix this problem?

Cheers,
James
--
Linux Registered User #380364

Robin Laing 06-23-2008 03:26 PM

James Corteciano wrote:

Hi All,

I am using Fedora 9 and default Gnome version. Every time I've log-in, I'd
received the following a pop-up error message:

----------------
The panel encountered a problem while loading
OAFIID:GNOME_NotificationAreaApplet
----------------

Anyone how to fix this problem?

Cheers,
James

I have found that there is a corruption in the gnome files. I have
found success by deleting all files in the /tmp associated with the "USER".

This seems to come up with "switch user" usage in my experience but I
have not taken the time to test this.

--
Robin Laing

"James Corteciano" 06-26-2008 11:23 AM

OAFIID:GNOME_NotificationAreaApplet

I see.. This issue must be address to the gnome and fedora developers. Anyway I will try to switch to KDE to test if the problem is still persistent or not.

Thanks once again.

Cheers,
-james