Old 06-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Frank Murphy

Default Mirrors(?) for local repo

How do you know the correct mirrors for rsync a local repo.
Is it by the biggest bandwidth one chooses,
or just the closest geographically?

Frank

Old 06-22-2008, 12:07 PM
David Boles

Frank Murphy wrote:

How do you know the correct mirrors for rsync a local repo.
Is it by the biggest bandwidth one chooses,
or just the closest geographically?

Closest does not necessarily mean 'fastest'. And not all mirrors support rsync.

--

David

Old 06-22-2008, 12:13 PM
Frank Murphy

On Sun, 2008-06-22 at 08:07 -0400, David Boles wrote:
> Frank Murphy wrote:
> > How do you know the correct mirrors for rsync a local repo.
> > Is it by the biggest bandwidth one chooses,
> > or just the closest geographically?
>

> Closest does not necessarily mean 'fastest'. And not all mirrors support rsync.

I'm looking at the mirrors page, put how to choose?

Frank

Old 06-22-2008, 12:32 PM
David Boles