Old 12-03-2007, 11:04 AM
Ingemar Nilsson

Default PDF virtual printer driver

Hi,

I wonder if it would be possible to create a PDF virtual printer driver
for Fedora, just like PDFCreator in Windows. I know that it is possible
to select "Print to file" and then run ps2pdf on the resulting file, but
I think that it would be better to be able to print to PDF directly.

Would this be possible? Or is it already, but requires me to install
some package?

Regards
Ingemar

Old 12-03-2007, 11:14 AM
"Jonathan Underwood"

On 03/12/2007, Ingemar Nilsson <init@kth.se> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if it would be possible to create a PDF virtual printer driver
> for Fedora, just like PDFCreator in Windows. I know that it is possible
> to select "Print to file" and then run ps2pdf on the resulting file, but
> I think that it would be better to be able to print to PDF directly.
>
> Would this be possible? Or is it already, but requires me to install
> some package?

yum install cups-pdf

.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Tim Waugh

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 13:04 +0100, Ingemar Nilsson wrote:
> I wonder if it would be possible to create a PDF virtual printer driver
> for Fedora, just like PDFCreator in Windows. I know that it is possible
> to select "Print to file" and then run ps2pdf on the resulting file, but
> I think that it would be better to be able to print to PDF directly.
>
> Would this be possible? Or is it already, but requires me to install
> some package?

It is already possible for applications that use the GTK+ print dialog.
Select 'Print to File' and select PDF for the output format.

An alternative is to use the cups-pdf package.

Tim.
*/

Old 12-03-2007, 02:45 PM
Ingemar Nilsson

Jonathan Underwood wrote:

Would this be possible? Or is it already, but requires me to install
some package?

yum install cups-pdf

Wow, thanks. I just installed it, and it works perfectly.

Regards
Ingemar

Old 12-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Ingemar Nilsson

Tim Waugh wrote:

Would this be possible? Or is it already, but requires me to install
some package?

It is already possible for applications that use the GTK+ print dialog.
Select 'Print to File' and select PDF for the output format.

Okay. Could be good to know, although I primarily wanted the ability to
print web pages to PDF, and Firefox does not use that print dialog.

An alternative is to use the cups-pdf package.

I got that tip already, but thanks anyway. It works just as I want it to.

Regards
Ingemar