Old 06-21-2008, 04:58 PM
cjakeman

Default How to boot from floppy to install Fedora 9 from CD?

Hi,
I've downloaded Fedora 9 and burned onto 6 CDs in ISO format hoping to install on an old PC in place of WinME. I find that the PC won't boot from the CD drive - probably too old.

How can I proceed? Do I need boot.img? Where can I get it from?

Thanks, Chris

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=272828&topic_id=58502&forum= 10#forumpost272828
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster@fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame cjakeman@bigfoot.com.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Frank Cox

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 18:58:32 +0200
cjakeman <no-reply-gw@fcp.surfsite.org> wrote:

> How can I proceed? Do I need boot.img? Where can I get it from?

The Fedora boot disk got too big to fit on any floppy disk some time ago.