Old 06-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Max Pyziur

Default Desktop panels in Gnome

Greetings,

I keep two screenwide panels at the bottom of the desktop. On login,
sometimes one is above the other, sometimes the other one is above.

How do I make the setting permanent rather than have this variableness?

Thanks.

Max Pyziur
pyz@brama.com

Old 06-21-2008, 04:46 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 11:34 -0400, Max Pyziur wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I keep two screenwide panels at the bottom of the desktop. On login,
> sometimes one is above the other, sometimes the other one is above.
>
> How do I make the setting permanent rather than have this variableness?

I believe at the moment you can't. It's a bug.

poc

Old 06-21-2008, 04:57 PM
"Tom Browder"

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 11:34 -0400, Max Pyziur wrote:
>> Greetings,
>> How do I make the setting permanent rather than have this variableness?
>
> I believe at the moment you can't. It's a bug.

I have a similar problem. Do you have a reference to the bug report?

Thanks.

-Tom

Tom Browder
Niceville, Florida
USA

Old 06-21-2008, 05:28 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 11:57 -0500, Tom Browder wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan
> <pocallaghan@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 11:34 -0400, Max Pyziur wrote:
> >> Greetings,
> >> How do I make the setting permanent rather than have this variableness?
> >
> > I believe at the moment you can't. It's a bug.
>
> I have a similar problem. Do you have a reference to the bug report?

Sorry, I don't use Gnome myself, but it's been mentioned recently on
this list so the archives will have it.

poc