Old 06-21-2008, 02:06 AM
"Joe W. Byers"

Default wusb100 linksys usb adapter

Has anyone got the linksys wusb100 adapter working with Fedora 9? I got
the wusb54G to work with no problems. But, this range booster version
is not recognized by F9.

lsusb shows that the adapter is there, but ifconfig does not see it nor
can I use the network to create wlan0.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Joe

Old 06-29-2008, 07:47 PM
"Joe W. Byers"

Joe W. Byers wrote:
Has anyone got the linksys wusb100 adapter working with Fedora 9? I got
the wusb54G to work with no problems. But, this range booster version
is not recognized by F9.

lsusb shows that the adapter is there, but ifconfig does not see it nor
can I use the network to create wlan0.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Joe

I have some additional information. I installed ndiswrapper and loaded
the windows drivers for the wusb100.

Now when I modprobe ndiswrapper my wirelss keyboard and mouse lock up.
This also occurs with ifconfig -a wlan0 and iwconfig wlan0.

I have a gyration wireless mini keyboard and the air mouse.

It looks like I have a conflict occurring with the USB adapters and
ndiswrapper.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thank you
Joe