Old 06-20-2008, 09:16 PM
"Edwin"

Default Upstart and powerfailures

Hi all,

I recently went from FC5 to F9 and learned that the SystemV inittab has been
replaced by upstart.
On my FC5 box I had the following in my inittab :

pf:owerfail:/sbin/shutdown -f -h +3 "Power Failure; System Shutting Down"
# If power was restored before the shutdown kicked in, cancel it.
pr:12345owerokwait:/sbin/shutdown -c "Power Restored; Shutdown Cancelled"

I have read the upstart documentation but I just can't figure out how an
event script should be written like to be able to use a UPS on the system.

Does anyone has some experience with this and maybe an example script for a
powerfailure ?

Thanks in advance,

Edwin

Old 06-20-2008, 11:41 PM
"Bassel Safadi"

I recently went from FC5 to F9 and learned that the SystemV inittab has been

replaced by upstart.

On my FC5 box I had the following in my inittab :

pf:owerfail:/sbin/shutdown -f -h +3 "Power Failure; System Shutting Down"

# If power was restored before the shutdown kicked in, cancel it.

pr:12345owerokwait:/sbin/shutdown -c "Power Restored; Shutdown Cancelled"

I have read the upstart documentation but I just can't figure out how an

event script should be written like to be able to use a UPS on the system.

Does anyone has some experience with this and maybe an example script for a

powerfailure ?

Thanks in advance,

Edwin

if you use a APC UPS then you may want to check the APC UPS daemon:
http://apcupsd.org/