-   -   Upstart and powerfailures (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/110611-upstart-powerfailures.html)

"Edwin" 06-20-2008 09:16 PM

Upstart and powerfailures

Hi all,

I recently went from FC5 to F9 and learned that the SystemV inittab has been
replaced by upstart.
On my FC5 box I had the following in my inittab :

pf::powerfail:/sbin/shutdown -f -h +3 "Power Failure; System Shutting Down"
# If power was restored before the shutdown kicked in, cancel it.
pr:12345:powerokwait:/sbin/shutdown -c "Power Restored; Shutdown Cancelled"

I have read the upstart documentation but I just can't figure out how an
event script should be written like to be able to use a UPS on the system.

Does anyone has some experience with this and maybe an example script for a
powerfailure ?

Thanks in advance,

Edwin

"Bassel Safadi" 06-20-2008 11:41 PM

Upstart and powerfailures

I recently went from FC5 to F9 and learned that the SystemV inittab has been

replaced by upstart.

On my FC5 box I had the following in my inittab :

pf::powerfail:/sbin/shutdown -f -h +3 "Power Failure; System Shutting Down"

# If power was restored before the shutdown kicked in, cancel it.

pr:12345:powerokwait:/sbin/shutdown -c "Power Restored; Shutdown Cancelled"

I have read the upstart documentation but I just can't figure out how an

event script should be written like to be able to use a UPS on the system.

Does anyone has some experience with this and maybe an example script for a

powerfailure ?

Thanks in advance,

Edwin

if you use a APC UPS then you may want to check the APC UPS daemon:
http://apcupsd.org/