Old 06-20-2008, 09:04 PM
"Paul Smith"

Default Forcing totem to use xine backend

Dear All,

I have

$ rpm -qi totem-xine
Name : totem-xine Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version : 2.23.2 Vendor: Fedora Project
Release : 2.fc9 Build Date: Wed 23 Apr
2008 05:57:28 PM WEST
Install Date: Fri 20 Jun 2008 08:13:13 PM WEST Build Host:
xenbuilder4.fedora.phx.redhat.com
Group : Applications/Multimedia Source RPM:
totem-2.23.2-2.fc9.src.rpm
Size : 89048 License: GPLv2 with exception
Signature : DSA/SHA1, Thu 24 Apr 2008 03:39:50 AM WEST, Key ID
b44269d04f2a6fd2
Packager : Fedora Project
Description :
This package provides the xine backend for the Totem media player.
$

However, when I run totem, I get in totem's Help --> about:

Movie Player using GStreamer 0.10.19 and GNOME

How can I force totem to use Xine backend?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Old 06-20-2008, 09:21 PM
"Jonathan Roberts"

> How can I force totem to use Xine backend?

I believe you need to run this command:

totem -b xine

Hope this helps,

Jon

Old 06-20-2008, 09:24 PM
"Paul Smith"

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 10:21 PM, Jonathan Roberts
<jonrob@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>> How can I force totem to use Xine backend?
>
> I believe you need to run this command:
>
> totem -b xine

Thanks, Jon, but

$ totem -b xine
Unknown option -b
Run 'totem --help' to see a full list of available command line options.
$

Paul