Old 06-20-2008, 03:22 PM
"Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak"

Default openoffice + postgresql-jdbc

Hi all,

What magic is needed to make the openoffice-base program recognize the
postgresql-jdbc driver?

I want to use oo-base to access a pgsql database. The pgsql sdbc driver
for oo-base has some bugs, so I'd like to use the jdbc driver.

Does oo only work with Sun java? Or is OpenJDK OK? Or what?

Help most appreciated...

- Mike

Old 06-20-2008, 08:51 PM
"Bassel Safadi"

What magic is needed to make the openoffice-base program recognize the postgresql-jdbc driver?

I want to use oo-base to access a pgsql database. The pgsql sdbc driver for oo-base has some bugs, so I'd like to use the jdbc driver.

Does oo only work with Sun java? Or is OpenJDK OK? Or what?

Help most appreciated...

- Mike

Just googled your question and found this step by step tutorial:

http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/index.php?/archives/8-Using-OpenOffice-Base-2.3.1-with-PostgreSQL.html

this one may be useful also:
http://www.linux.com/articles/37658

Old 06-21-2008, 12:34 PM
"Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak"

Bassel Safadi wrote:

What magic is needed to make the openoffice-base program recognize
the postgresql-jdbc driver?

Just googled your question and found this step by step tutorial:

http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/index.php?/archives/8-Using-OpenOffice-Base-2.3.1-with-PostgreSQL.html

Thanks, I did not find that article during my searches! It looks very
useful.

- Mike