Old 06-20-2008, 01:16 AM
William Case

Default gnome-system-monitor -- most of the views greyed out.

Hi;

I use gnome-system-monitor all the time. Leave it on the upper left
corner of my top panel. In F9 I find that all the options other than
Memory Maps and Open Files are greyed out -- and they do nothing
discernible. I can no longer choose All processes, active processes or
my processes.

The processes reflected in the main window are only the processes of the
logged in user. I now have to sudo to see root processes etc.

Is this deliberate or a bug?

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.2

Old 07-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Beartooth

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 21:16:07 -0400, William Case wrote:

> I use gnome-system-monitor all the time. Leave it on the upper left
> corner of my top panel. In F9 I find that all the options other than
> Memory Maps and Open Files are greyed out -- and they do nothing
> discernible. I can no longer choose All processes, active processes or
> my processes.
>
> The processes reflected in the main window are only the processes of the
> logged in user. I now have to sudo to see root processes etc.
>
> Is this deliberate or a bug?

I can't tell you that. But I did just discover that there are now
*two* choices under Add to Panel, both with the same icon, and the same
name -- and they're different.

Fedora 8 & 9; Alpine 1.10, Pan 0.132; Privoxy 3.0.6;
nine (count 'em -- nine) different browsers