Old 06-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Jim

Default Firefox 3 for Fedora 8 ??

Is there going to be a Firefox 3 in the FC8 repos. ??
I have downloaded and installed Firefox 3 from the FC9 repo.

Old 06-19-2008, 07:39 PM
wwp

Hello Jim,

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 13:35:15 -0400 Jim <mickeyboa@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Is there going to be a Firefox 3 in the FC8 repos. ??
> I have downloaded and installed Firefox 3 from the FC9 repo.

Discussed some hours ago, it's available from remi's repos, check the
archives of the last few days!

wwp

Old 06-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Jim

wwp wrote:

Hello Jim,

Is there going to be a Firefox 3 in the FC8 repos. ??
I have downloaded and installed Firefox 3 from the FC9 repo.

Discussed some hours ago, it's available from remi's repos, check the
archives of the last few days!

Regards,

What was the name of Thread, do you remember ?

Old 06-19-2008, 08:33 PM
wwp

Hello Jim,

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 16:26:29 -0400 Jim <mickeyboa@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> wwp wrote:

> >> I have downloaded and installed Firefox 3 from the FC9 repo.
> >> >
> > Discussed some hours ago, it's available from remi's repos, check the
> > archives of the last few days!
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > What was the name of Thread, do you remember ?

No, but "Firefox 3" was in the subject for sure ;-).

Hint, search for posts from Remi Collet and find:

http://blog.famillecollet.com/post/2008/06/18/Firefox-3-Final

wwp

Old 06-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Goksin Akdeniz

On Thursday 19 June 2008 23:26:29 Jim wrote:
> What was the name of Thread, do you remember ?

>A backport of F9 RPM is available on my little repo.
>
>http://blog.famillecollet.com/post/2008/06/18/Firefox-3-Final
>Feel free to try it
>++
>
>P.S : FC6, F7 and F8, i386, x86_64 and ppc available

I copied info for my F8 respins. Not tested yet.
--
Goksin Akdeniz
http://www.enixma.org

Old 06-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Jim

wwp wrote:

Hello Jim,

>> Is there going to be a Firefox 3 in the FC8 repos. ??

I have downloaded and installed Firefox 3 from the FC9 repo.

Discussed some hours ago, it's available from remi's repos, check the
archives of the last few days!

Regards,

What was the name of Thread, do you remember ?

No, but "Firefox 3" was in the subject for sure ;-).

Hint, search for posts from Remi Collet and find:

http://blog.famillecollet.com/post/2008/06/18/Firefox-3-Final

Regards,

Well I got to the

http://blog.famillecollet.com/post/2008/06/18/Firefox-3-Final

But how do you get it to download the RPM from this site, you click on
RPM and it keeps rolling you in circles, from web page to another but no
RPM download.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:31 PM
wwp

Hello Jim,

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 17:12:24 -0400 Jim <mickeyboa@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> wwp wrote:

> > No, but "Firefox 3" was in the subject for sure ;-).
> >
> > Hint, search for posts from Remi Collet and find:
> >
> > http://blog.famillecollet.com/post/2008/06/18/Firefox-3-Final
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Well I got to the
>
> http://blog.famillecollet.com/post/2008/06/18/Firefox-3-Final
>
> But how do you get it to download the RPM from this site, you click on RPM and it keeps rolling you in circles, from web page to another but no RPM download.

Try the yum method instead or get xulrunner and firefox-3 packages from
http://rpms.famillecollet.com/fc8.i386/repoview/. I got no problem w/
that (and firefox3 stands besides to firefox2, no conflict unless you
want to return to ffx2).

wwp

Old 06-19-2008, 10:16 PM
Matthew Saltzman

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 17:12 -0400, Jim wrote:
> wwp wrote:
> > Hello Jim,

> > No, but "Firefox 3" was in the subject for sure ;-).
> >
> > Hint, search for posts from Remi Collet and find:
> >
> > http://blog.famillecollet.com/post/2008/06/18/Firefox-3-Final
> >

> > Regards,
> >

> Well I got to the
>
> http://blog.famillecollet.com/post/2008/06/18/Firefox-3-Final
>
> But how do you get it to download the RPM from this site, you click on
> RPM and it keeps rolling you in circles, from web page to another but no
> RPM download.

Reading a little French helps.

$ rpm -Uvh http://rpms.famillecollet.com/remi-release-8.rpm
$ yum --enablerepo=remi install firefox*

--
Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu
http://www.math.clemson.edu/~mjs

Old 06-20-2008, 06:53 AM
Ric Moore

On Thu, 2008-06-19 at 23:31 +0200, wwp wrote:
> Hello Jim,
>

> On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 17:12:24 -0400 Jim <mickeyboa@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > wwp wrote:

> > > No, but "Firefox 3" was in the subject for sure ;-).
> > >
> > > Hint, search for posts from Remi Collet and find:
> > >
> > > http://blog.famillecollet.com/post/2008/06/18/Firefox-3-Final
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Well I got to the
> >
> > http://blog.famillecollet.com/post/2008/06/18/Firefox-3-Final
> >
> > But how do you get it to download the RPM from this site, you click on RPM and it keeps rolling you in circles, from web page to another but no RPM download.
>
> Try the yum method instead or get xulrunner and firefox-3 packages from
> http://rpms.famillecollet.com/fc8.i386/repoview/. I got no problem w/
> that (and firefox3 stands besides to firefox2, no conflict unless you
> want to return to ffx2).

I got the runaround too, until I found this:
http://blog.famillecollet.com/pages/Config

Just yum install it. Install the remi repo rpm first. It's on that page.
Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
https://oar.dev.java.net/
Verizon Cell # 336-254-1339