-   -   firefox 3 and RealPlayer 11 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/109746-firefox-3-realplayer-11-a.html)

"joachim.backes@rhrk.uni-kl.de" 06-19-2008 03:00 PM

firefox 3 and RealPlayer 11

Hi,

after installing firefox-3.0-1.fc9.i386, I additionally installed
RealPlayer11GOLD.rpm. But after this, no more files with suffix ".ram"
can be played:

/tmp/allfilms-5.ram could not be opened, because the associated helper
application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences.

Id had not such problems with the previous firefox-3 beta version and
RealPlayer-10

Any advice? All comments are welcome.

Regards

Anne Wilson 06-19-2008 05:57 PM

firefox 3 and RealPlayer 11

On Thursday 19 June 2008 16:00:45 joachim.backes@rhrk.uni-kl.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after installing firefox-3.0-1.fc9.i386, I additionally installed
> RealPlayer11GOLD.rpm. But after this, no more files with suffix ".ram"
> can be played:
>
> /tmp/allfilms-5.ram could not be opened, because the associated helper
> application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences.
>
> Id had not such problems with the previous firefox-3 beta version and
> RealPlayer-10
>
> Any advice? All comments are welcome.

Gnome or KDE? If the latter, System Settings > Advanced Tab > File
Associations. Type '.ram' in the search box, then add RealPlayer11GOLD to
the applications, moving it to the top of the list.

Anne

"joachim.backes@rhrk.uni-kl.de" 06-20-2008 05:50 AM

firefox 3 and RealPlayer 11

Anne Wilson wrote:

On Thursday 19 June 2008 16:00:45 joachim.backes@rhrk.uni-kl.de wrote:

Hi,

after installing firefox-3.0-1.fc9.i386, I additionally installed
RealPlayer11GOLD.rpm. But after this, no more files with suffix ".ram"
can be played:

/tmp/allfilms-5.ram could not be opened, because the associated helper
application does not exist. Change the association in your preferences.

Id had not such problems with the previous firefox-3 beta version and
RealPlayer-10

Any advice? All comments are welcome.

Gnome or KDE? If the latter, System Settings > Advanced Tab > File
Associations. Type '.ram' in the search box, then add RealPlayer11GOLD to
the applications, moving it to the top of the list.

Hi Anne,

Gnome. Weird: clicking .ram-files on the desktop opens and performs the
right application (RealPlayer).

JB

Anne