Old 08-24-2011, 03:19 AM
Kevin Kofler

Default pdfedit

Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Hpefully it gets completed. I finally gave up maintaining it since
> nothing seemed to be happening for over a year and the ABRT reports kept
> coming in. I would advise against reviving it until a Qt4 version is
> fully ready and tested.

Well, FYI, we aren't planning to drop qt3 any time soon.

Kevin Kofler

Old 08-24-2011, 04:36 AM
Orion Poplawski

On 08/23/2011 09:19 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Orion Poplawski wrote:
>> Hpefully it gets completed. I finally gave up maintaining it since
>> nothing seemed to be happening for over a year and the ABRT reports kept
>> coming in. I would advise against reviving it until a Qt4 version is
>> fully ready and tested.
>
> Well, FYI, we aren't planning to drop qt3 any time soon.
>
> Kevin Kofler

It's more the fact that the Qt3 GUI is horribly buggy and nobody is
working on it.

--
Orion Poplawski
Technical Manager 303-415-9701 x222

Old 08-24-2011, 07:18 AM
Scott Ferguson

On 18/08/11 08:03, Rick Pasotto wrote:
> I guess I'm too stupid to figure it out.
>
> I have a pdf document that I would like to add two lines of text to
> (different positions, different fonts). Under the 'Page' menu I see an
> icon for adding text but it is greyed out. I don't see that icon
> anywhere else on the screen.
>
> The so-called 'Help' is useless.
>
> Could someone please help me get started?
>
> Thanks.

If clicking at various locations in the pdf doesn't allow you to select
an operator with a text parameter, and "Extract text from page" is not
an option on the "Page" menu, then the document is probably just an
image. Will Ocular let you copy selected text to the clipboard?
If the document is an image, just use GIMP to add the text (yes it works
with pdfs).

Note: strings will tell you a bit about your pdf's structure.

Cheers

--
"People ask me what I think about that woman priest thing. What, a woman
priest? Women priests. Great, great. Now there's priests of both sexes I