Old 06-18-2008, 10:53 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Default How do I login to XFCE?

Knute Johnson wrote:

So I'm looking at my gdm login screen now and I don't seen any button or
option to select another session. Is there another package that I need
besides the groupinstall XFCE that I already did.

No. Again, make sure you have done a groupinstall(xfce4-session package
must exist), click on a username in GDM login screen. You need to do
that before you see a session menu. It works perfectly fine on several
Fedora 9 systems I have done this with.

Rahul

Old 06-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Knute Johnson

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Knute Johnson wrote:

So I'm looking at my gdm login screen now and I don't seen any button
or option to select another session. Is there another package that I
need besides the groupinstall XFCE that I already did.

No. Again, make sure you have done a groupinstall(xfce4-session package
must exist), click on a username in GDM login screen. You need to do
that before you see a session menu. It works perfectly fine on several
Fedora 9 systems I have done this with.

Rahul

xfce4-session-engines-4.4.2-3.fc9.i386
xfce4-session-4.4.2-3.fc9.i386

are installed. I did a yum groupinstall XFCE and I can start it by
starting Gnome and running init 3 from the command line and then
startxfce4 after logging in to the command prompt.

When the computer starts and I select myself as a user the login window
shows my name, a password field, a Cancel button and a Log In button and
that's it. Clicking, double clicking or right clicking anywhere produce
nothing else.

--

Knute Johnson
linux@www.knutejohnson.com