Old 12-03-2007, 02:48 AM
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu

Default Looking to upgrade to Fedora 8

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently running Fedora 6. I'm planning to upgrade my Dell D800
laptop to Fedora 8 during my Christmas holidays (fresh install). I'm
going to keep /home and /usr/local (i.e. not format them) during
install).

I'm fairly sure everything should just work afterwards, but I'm
wondering how VMware Server will hold up. Will I be able to install it
ok on Fedora 8 and run my virtual machines (saved in my home folder)?

Has anyone had any problems with Evolution after moving to Fedora 8?
Since I'm not formatting /home, Evolution should see my previous config
and run accordingly.

Any other hangups? I haven't seen anything major reported on this list,
which bodes well for me!

Regards,

Ranbir
--