Old 06-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Beartooth Sciurivore

Default Partitioning question

I'm on a machine (my #1) that I just upgraded yesterday from F8
to F9. I opened both gparted and qtparted, to get a look at what
partitioning I have now, in hope of finding room for a second swap
partition.

Both show /dev/sda1 with 196 MB, labelled /boot -- and /dev/sda2
(all the rest, 74 GB) with an unknown file system! Gparted offers a
warning about that.

Last time I saw a partition with an unknown file system on one of
my machines, I was told the hard drive must be failing, or about to fail.
Is that so now??

Or have I messed up my upgrade from F8? Or what?

What should I do??

--
Beartooth Staffwright, Not Quite Clueless Power User
Remember I know little (precious little!) of where up is.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:25 PM
"Hiren Joshi"

I believe lvm (and lvm2) as well as raided partitions show up as unknown
with Gparted, could this be the issue?