Old 06-18-2008, 02:21 PM
"Kayvan A. Sylvan"

Default How to change the F9 gnome login user list

Hi everyone,

Anyone have any ideas for how I can do either of the following:

1) scrap the user list presented on GDM login and instead use the
simple text box login (User: box, and a Password: box).

2) Failing that, make GDM ignore most of the users, only showing
a few of the possible choices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

---Kayvan

Old 07-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Ivan Virgili

Kayvan A. Sylvan wrote:

> 1) scrap the user list presented on GDM login and instead use the
> simple text box login (User: box, and a Password: box).
>
> 2) Failing that, make GDM ignore most of the users, only showing
> a few of the possible choices.

gdm-2.22.0-6.fc10 has a GConf key to disable the user list.
Hopefully this will be added to F9 as well.

-----
Ivan Virgili
http://www.ivanvirgili.com
GNU/Linux user #292882