-   -   How to change the F9 gnome login user list (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/109035-how-change-f9-gnome-login-user-list.html)

"Kayvan A. Sylvan" 06-18-2008 02:21 PM

How to change the F9 gnome login user list

Hi everyone,

Anyone have any ideas for how I can do either of the following:

1) scrap the user list presented on GDM login and instead use the
simple text box login (User: box, and a Password: box).

2) Failing that, make GDM ignore most of the users, only showing
a few of the possible choices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

---Kayvan

Ivan Virgili 07-11-2008 09:57 PM

Kayvan A. Sylvan wrote:

> 1) scrap the user list presented on GDM login and instead use the
> simple text box login (User: box, and a Password: box).
>
> 2) Failing that, make GDM ignore most of the users, only showing
> a few of the possible choices.

gdm-2.22.0-6.fc10 has a GConf key to disable the user list.
Hopefully this will be added to F9 as well.

-----
Ivan Virgili
http://www.ivanvirgili.com
GNU/Linux user #292882