Old 06-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Tom Horsley

Default F8 k3b problem or just random glitch?

I left a DVD-R being written by K3B, and when I came back
later, it said the verify failed because there were
no tracks to verify.

However, when I mounted the dvd and did a sha1sum of the
files I'd backed up, they matched perfectly the files on
the DVD.

Can I attribute this to random cosmic rays or something?
Or has the new kernel screwed up something k3b depends on?
Or has some new "helpful" security feature made k3b fail?
(I guess I'll see what happens the next time I have a
chunk of files to backup :-).

I have certainly done a backup with verify via k3b many
times before under F8 with no problems, but this may be the
first time since fedora 8 got a 2.6.25 kernel.