Old 06-18-2008, 09:55 AM
"Jouk Jansen"

Default minimal instaaliation to support ssh-Xforwarding

Hi all,

I'm running a server without any graphical device. So presently most of the
xorg-server packages are not installed. However I woud like to connect to
this server using "ssh -Y" and using X-applications on the server and
displaying it on my client.

Up to now : Xfowarding is enabled in /etc/ssh/conf_sshd
I installed xorg-x11-xauth to get the DISPLAY environment set
correctly to localhost:10.0

Starting a X-applications gives me :
X11 connection rejected because of wrong authorization
the applicateion xxxxxx lost its connection to the display localhost:10.0
most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed
the appliaction

What packages should I install at least on my server? and which ones do I
have to start?

Thanks
Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

Jouk Jansen

joukj@hrem.nano.tudelft.nl

Technische Universiteit Delft tttttttttt uu uu ddddddd
Kavli Institute of Nanoscience tttttttttt uu uu dd dd
Nationaal centrum voor HREM tt uu uu dd dd
Lorentzweg 1 tt uu uu dd dd
2628 CJ Delft tt uu uu dd dd
Nederland tt uu uu dd dd
tel. 31-15-2782272 tt uuuuuuu ddddddd