Old 12-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Martin Marques

Default Control revision of /etc

Has anyone tried to do revision control of /etc under Fedora?

Checking [1] (yes, I'm using hg) I see that only some files are being
tracked, while [2], that I used for a Debian server at work, tracks the
whole /etc directory.

Checking /etc I see that there are quite a few binary files, especially
in /etc/java/ and /etc/selinux/. So I see a difference there (those
files are surely not supposed to be tracked).

Just trying to see what other people think about this.

[1]: http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/TrackingEtcEtc
[2]:
http://michael-prokop.at/blog/2007/03/14/maintain-etc-with-mercurial-on-debian/