Old 12-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Mike Leahy

Default Problem playing/ripping audio CDs in F7

Hello list,

I'm not unfamiliar to playing and/or ripping audio CDs in Linux. I have
done this a number of times using GRip and KAudioCreator on Fedora 6/7,
with both my desktop and laptop. However, I just put one into my
machine today and found that I can no longer play audio CDs on either of
my machines running Fedora 7. At first I thought it was a problem with
the CD, but I have the same problem with other CDs that I have
successfully ripped before.

If I look at the Audio CD in Konqueror, it seems that the file structure
is already listed as a series of folders (CDA, Full CD, Information,
MP3, and Ogg Vorbis), with the tracks identified as wav files, or linked
as different file types in various sub folders. I've never noticed this
before - could it be a source of the problem? I can copy the files from
the 'MP3' folder in Konqueror, and it seems to be able to encode them
that way, but would be preventing all other applications that use CDs
from working?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Mike

Old 12-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Mike Leahy

Ok...nevermind this. It seems rebooting (on my laptop so far) has
solved this problem. I suppose it could be that I hadn't rebooted since
some recent updates, though I can only guess.