Old 12-02-2007, 03:01 PM
wwp

Default Fedora 8: X/Nautilus eating CPU

Hello all,

now that my Fedora 8 is fully set up, I notice periodical short
hangs of the Desktop, making its use quite uncomfortable. `top` tells me
that the X and Nautilus processes are eating up to 30% of CPU every
15-20sec approximately (I can hear some disk activity as well).

Sensors applets are configured to poll on a longer period basis so it's
probably not them. No cron activity has been set. Anyway, I was running
the same applets with my Fedora Core 5 and GNOME and never encountered
such behaviour before.

For the record, nautilus-action is installed and there are few mounts
(USB disks) visible onto the Desktop. I've tried closing all apps (but
GNOME Desktop) and this still happens.

Anybody has this too? Or any hint?

wwp

Old 12-03-2007, 02:21 AM
"Tod Merley"

On Dec 2, 2007 8:01 AM, wwp <subscript@free.fr> wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> now that my Fedora 8 is fully set up, I notice periodical short
> hangs of the Desktop, making its use quite uncomfortable. `top` tells me
> that the X and Nautilus processes are eating up to 30% of CPU every
> 15-20sec approximately (I can hear some disk activity as well).
>
> Sensors applets are configured to poll on a longer period basis so it's
> probably not them. No cron activity has been set. Anyway, I was running
> the same applets with my Fedora Core 5 and GNOME and never encountered
> such behaviour before.
>
> For the record, nautilus-action is installed and there are few mounts
> (USB disks) visible onto the Desktop. I've tried closing all apps (but
> GNOME Desktop) and this still happens.
>
> Anybody has this too? Or any hint?
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> wwp

Hi wwp!

If you have a file called "nautilus-debug-log.txt" it may contain a clue.

Good Hunting!

Tod

Old 12-03-2007, 10:08 PM
wwp

Hello Tod,

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 19:21:19 -0800 "Tod Merley" <todbot88@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 2, 2007 8:01 AM, wwp <subscript@free.fr> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >

> > now that my Fedora 8 is fully set up, I notice periodical short
> > hangs of the Desktop, making its use quite uncomfortable. `top` tells me
> > that the X and Nautilus processes are eating up to 30% of CPU every
> > 15-20sec approximately (I can hear some disk activity as well).
> >
> > Sensors applets are configured to poll on a longer period basis so it's
> > probably not them. No cron activity has been set. Anyway, I was running
> > the same applets with my Fedora Core 5 and GNOME and never encountered
> > such behaviour before.
> >
> > For the record, nautilus-action is installed and there are few mounts
> > (USB disks) visible onto the Desktop. I've tried closing all apps (but
> > GNOME Desktop) and this still happens.
> >
> > Anybody has this too? Or any hint?
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > wwp
> >
> > --
> >

> Hi wwp!
>
> If you have a file called "nautilus-debug-log.txt" it may contain a clue.

No such file . Nothing special in system logs either. Dunno if
Nautilus is culprit or not, but the GNOME Desktop is unusable here when
external USB disks are mounted, too painful. XFCE is not affected by
such illness. Or maybe I should try disabling some mount-related things
in GNOME or even Nautilus itself?

wwp

Old 12-03-2007, 10:58 PM
"Jonathan Underwood"

On 02/12/2007, wwp <subscript@free.fr> wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> now that my Fedora 8 is fully set up, I notice periodical short
> hangs of the Desktop, making its use quite uncomfortable. `top` tells me
> that the X and Nautilus processes are eating up to 30% of CPU every
> 15-20sec approximately (I can hear some disk activity as well).
>
> Sensors applets are configured to poll on a longer period basis so it's
> probably not them. No cron activity has been set. Anyway, I was running
> the same applets with my Fedora Core 5 and GNOME and never encountered
> such behaviour before.
>
> For the record, nautilus-action is installed and there are few mounts
> (USB disks) visible onto the Desktop. I've tried closing all apps (but
> GNOME Desktop) and this still happens.
>
> Anybody has this too? Or any hint?

Which kernel is this? I am seeing something similar with the recent
2.6.23.8-63 kernel.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:35 AM
"Tod Merley"

On Dec 3, 2007 3:08 PM, wwp <subscript@free.fr> wrote:
> Hello Tod,
>

> On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 19:21:19 -0800 "Tod Merley" <todbot88@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 2, 2007 8:01 AM, wwp <subscript@free.fr> wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > >

> > > now that my Fedora 8 is fully set up, I notice periodical short
> > > hangs of the Desktop, making its use quite uncomfortable. `top` tells me
> > > that the X and Nautilus processes are eating up to 30% of CPU every
> > > 15-20sec approximately (I can hear some disk activity as well).
> > >
> > > Sensors applets are configured to poll on a longer period basis so it's
> > > probably not them. No cron activity has been set. Anyway, I was running
> > > the same applets with my Fedora Core 5 and GNOME and never encountered
> > > such behaviour before.
> > >
> > > For the record, nautilus-action is installed and there are few mounts
> > > (USB disks) visible onto the Desktop. I've tried closing all apps (but
> > > GNOME Desktop) and this still happens.
> > >
> > > Anybody has this too? Or any hint?
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > --
> > > wwp
> > >
> > > --
> > >

> > Hi wwp!
> >
> > If you have a file called "nautilus-debug-log.txt" it may contain a clue.
>
> No such file . Nothing special in system logs either. Dunno if
> Nautilus is culprit or not, but the GNOME Desktop is unusable here when
> external USB disks are mounted, too painful. XFCE is not affected by
> such illness. Or maybe I should try disabling some mount-related things
> in GNOME or even Nautilus itself?
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> wwp

Hi wwp,

Probably not the browser.

Perhaps the USB and your video card are competing for resource space?
"/sbin/lspci -vv" (the last two letters are v and v) and "dmesg >
dmesg.txt" then abiword and then "tail dmesg" may find a clue.

The following link may be helpful:

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/usb-guide.xml

Good Hunting!

Tod

Old 12-04-2007, 06:35 AM
wwp

Hello Jonathan,

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 23:58:16 +0000 "Jonathan Underwood" <jonathan.underwood@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02/12/2007, wwp <subscript@free.fr> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >

> > now that my Fedora 8 is fully set up, I notice periodical short
> > hangs of the Desktop, making its use quite uncomfortable. `top` tells me
> > that the X and Nautilus processes are eating up to 30% of CPU every
> > 15-20sec approximately (I can hear some disk activity as well).
> >
> > Sensors applets are configured to poll on a longer period basis so it's
> > probably not them. No cron activity has been set. Anyway, I was running
> > the same applets with my Fedora Core 5 and GNOME and never encountered
> > such behaviour before.
> >
> > For the record, nautilus-action is installed and there are few mounts
> > (USB disks) visible onto the Desktop. I've tried closing all apps (but
> > GNOME Desktop) and this still happens.
> >
> > Anybody has this too? Or any hint?
>
> Which kernel is this? I am seeing something similar with the recent
> 2.6.23.8-63 kernel.

2.6.23.1-49.fc8 here. I'm currently yum-update'ing and will check when
done.

The interesting fact is that I don't encounter the periodical hang
within XFCE or KDE, only from GNOME.

For the sake of the archives: a passive way to feel it is to watch at a
cpu monitor graph for one minute w/o doing anything else: you'll see
short activity peaks very 15sec. Another way is to constantly make use
of the window manager, like moving windows, changing workspace,
rolling/unrolling menus and you'll feel something not natural ;-).

wwp

Old 12-05-2007, 04:49 PM
wwp

Hello Tod,

On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 19:35:46 -0800 "Tod Merley" <todbot88@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 3, 2007 3:08 PM, wwp <subscript@free.fr> wrote:
> > Hello Tod,

> > > Hi wwp!
> > >
> > > If you have a file called "nautilus-debug-log.txt" it may contain a clue.
> >
> > No such file . Nothing special in system logs either. Dunno if
> > Nautilus is culprit or not, but the GNOME Desktop is unusable here when
> > external USB disks are mounted, too painful. XFCE is not affected by
> > such illness. Or maybe I should try disabling some mount-related things
> > in GNOME or even Nautilus itself?
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > wwp
> >
> > --
> >

> Hi wwp,
>
> Probably not the browser.
>
> Perhaps the USB and your video card are competing for resource space?
> "/sbin/lspci -vv" (the last two letters are v and v) and "dmesg >
> dmesg.txt" then abiword and then "tail dmesg" may find a clue.
>
> The following link may be helpful:
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/usb-guide.xml
>
> Good Hunting!

OK, got some tips about the issue. I've disabled nautilus using
gtweakui (unchecked "Use nautilus to draw desktop") and the problem
doesn't show anymore (re-enabled and it shows again).

wwp

Old 12-05-2007, 09:54 PM
"Tod Merley"

On Dec 5, 2007 9:49 AM, wwp <subscript@free.fr> wrote:
> Hello Tod,
>

> On Mon, 3 Dec 2007 19:35:46 -0800 "Tod Merley" <todbot88@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Dec 3, 2007 3:08 PM, wwp <subscript@free.fr> wrote:

> > > No such file . Nothing special in system logs either. Dunno if
> > > Nautilus is culprit or not, but the GNOME Desktop is unusable here when
> > > external USB disks are mounted, too painful. XFCE is not affected by
> > > such illness. Or maybe I should try disabling some mount-related things
> > > in GNOME or even Nautilus itself?
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > --
> > > wwp
> > >
> > > --
> > >

> > Hi wwp,
> >
> > Probably not the browser.
> >
> > Perhaps the USB and your video card are competing for resource space?
> > "/sbin/lspci -vv" (the last two letters are v and v) and "dmesg >
> > dmesg.txt" then abiword and then "tail dmesg" may find a clue.
> >
> > The following link may be helpful:
> >
> > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/usb-guide.xml
> >
> > Good Hunting!
>
> OK, got some tips about the issue. I've disabled nautilus using
> gtweakui (unchecked "Use nautilus to draw desktop") and the problem
> doesn't show anymore (re-enabled and it shows again).
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> wwp

Hello wwp!

How much memory do you have in the machine? What kind of video
adapter are you using at what resolution? How big is your swap
directory?

Good Hunting!

Tod

Old 12-06-2007, 07:21 AM
wwp

Hello Tod,

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 14:54:26 -0800 "Tod Merley" <todbot88@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2007 9:49 AM, wwp <subscript@free.fr> wrote:
> > Hello Tod,

> > > Hi wwp,
> > >
> > > Probably not the browser.
> > >
> > > Perhaps the USB and your video card are competing for resource space?
> > > "/sbin/lspci -vv" (the last two letters are v and v) and "dmesg >
> > > dmesg.txt" then abiword and then "tail dmesg" may find a clue.
> > >
> > > The following link may be helpful:
> > >
> > > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/usb-guide.xml
> > >
> > > Good Hunting!
> >
> > OK, got some tips about the issue. I've disabled nautilus using
> > gtweakui (unchecked "Use nautilus to draw desktop") and the problem
> > doesn't show anymore (re-enabled and it shows again).
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > wwp
> >
> > --
> >

> Hello wwp!
>
> How much memory do you have in the machine? What kind of video
> adapter are you using at what resolution? How big is your swap
> directory?

Easy questions ;-).

Memory: 2GB hardware memory
Video adapter: Ati X600 card using the X.org radeon driver (w/o any
tuning, works out the F8 install), at 1920x1200/24bit.
Swap: ~2GB swap enabled (1 partition), ~0% used.

Do you suspect something in particular?

wwp

Old 12-06-2007, 08:39 AM
wwp

Tod, all,

On Wed, 5 Dec 2007 18:49:29 +0100 wwp <subscript@free.fr> wrote:

[snip]
> gtweakui (unchecked "Use nautilus to draw desktop") and the problem
> doesn't show anymore (re-enabled and it shows again).

Oh, noo, I thought I've won the fight but I didn't. If navigating the
Desktop and switching between workspace is way faster/smoother when
Nautilus is disabled (as comfortable as within XFCE in fact), it
appears that I can reproduce the periodical short hangs now again.
System is running for more than 48h now, and I got the short hangs this
morning whereas I didn't yesterday evening after few hours running w/o
Nautilus.

I've unplugged as much hardware I could (all USB disks) and quit quite
all applications too (X, gnome panel and applets remain, and my MUA),
but it's still there.

I'm afraid I don't know where to look, and what to look for. Tod, you
suggested checking for resource conflicts, how to know if resources are
conflicting from the output of lspci for instance?

# /sbin/lspci -vv

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/PM/GMS/910GML Express Processor to DRAM Controller (rev 03)
Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0186
Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
Latency: 0
Capabilities: [e0] Vendor Specific Information

00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/PM Express PCI Express Root Port (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
I/O behind bridge: 0000d000-0000dfff
Memory behind bridge: dfd00000-dfefffff
Prefetchable memory behind bridge: d0000000-d7ffffff
Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ <SERR- <PERR-
BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR+ NoISA- VGA+ MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
Capabilities: [88] Subsystem: Intel Corporation Unknown device 0000
Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
Capabilities: [90] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit- Queue=0/0 Enable+
Address: fee0100c Data: 41b9
Capabilities: [a0] Express Root Port (Slot+) IRQ 0
Device: Supported: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, ExtTag-
Device: Latency L0s <64ns, L1 <1us
Device: Errors: Correctable+ Non-Fatal+ Fatal+ Unsupported+
Device: RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
Device: MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
Link: Supported Speed 2.5Gb/s, Width x16, ASPM L0s L1, Port 2
Link: Latency L0s <256ns, L1 <4us
Link: ASPM L1 Enabled RCB 64 bytes CommClk+ ExtSynch-
Link: Speed 2.5Gb/s, Width x16
Slot: AtnBtn- PwrCtrl- MRL- AtnInd- PwrInd- HotPlug- Surpise-
Slot: Number 1, PowerLimit 75.000000
Slot: Enabled AtnBtn- PwrFlt- MRL- PresDet- CmdCplt- HPIrq-
Slot: AttnInd Off, PwrInd On, Power-
Root: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- PME-

00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=0
Memory behind bridge: dfc00000-dfcfffff
Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ <SERR- <PERR-
BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR+ NoISA- VGA- MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
Capabilities: [40] Express Root Port (Slot+) IRQ 0
Device: Supported: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, ExtTag+
Device: Latency L0s unlimited, L1 unlimited
Device: Errors: Correctable+ Non-Fatal+ Fatal+ Unsupported+
Device: RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
Device: MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
Link: Supported Speed 2.5Gb/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Port 1
Link: Latency L0s <256ns, L1 <4us
Link: ASPM Disabled RCB 64 bytes CommClk+ ExtSynch-
Link: Speed 2.5Gb/s, Width x1
Slot: AtnBtn- PwrCtrl- MRL- AtnInd- PwrInd- HotPlug+ Surpise+
Slot: Number 2, PowerLimit 6.500000
Slot: Enabled AtnBtn- PwrFlt- MRL- PresDet- CmdCplt- HPIrq-
Slot: AttnInd Unknown, PwrInd Unknown, Power-
Root: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- PME-
Capabilities: [80] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit- Queue=0/0 Enable+
Address: fee0100c Data: 41c1
Capabilities: [90] Subsystem: Gammagraphx, Inc. Unknown device 0000
Capabilities: [a0] Power Management version 2
Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)

00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB UHCI #1 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0186
Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
Latency: 0
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 16
Region 4: I/O ports at bf80 [size=32]

00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB UHCI #2 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0186
Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
Latency: 0
Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 18
Region 4: I/O ports at bf60 [size=32]

00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB UHCI #3 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0186
Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
Latency: 0
Interrupt: pin C routed to IRQ 19
Region 4: I/O ports at bf40 [size=32]

00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB UHCI #4 (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [UHCI])
Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0186
Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
Latency: 0
Interrupt: pin D routed to IRQ 17
Region 4: I/O ports at bf20 [size=32]

00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0186
Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
Capabilities: [58] Debug port

00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev d3) (prog-if 01 [Subtractive decode])
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
Latency: 0
Bus: primary=00, secondary=03, subordinate=07, sec-latency=32
I/O behind bridge: 00002000-00002fff
Memory behind bridge: dfb00000-dfbfffff
Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 0000000088000000-000000008bffffff
Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ <SERR- <PERR-
BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR+ NoISA- VGA- MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
Capabilities: [50] Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0186

00:1e.2 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 03)
Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0186
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-

00:1e.3 Modem: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) AC'97 Modem Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 00 [Generic])
Subsystem: Conexant Unknown device 5423
Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801FBM (ICH6M) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 03)
Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0186
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
Latency: 0

00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801FBM (ICH6M) SATA Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 80 [Master])
Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0186
Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
Latency: 0
Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 18
Region 0: I/O ports at 01f0 [size=8]
Region 1: I/O ports at 03f4 [size=1]
Region 2: I/O ports at 0170 [size=8]
Region 3: I/O ports at 0374 [size=1]
Region 4: I/O ports at bfa0 [size=16]
Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold-)

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc M24 1P [Radeon Mobility X600] (prog-if 00 [VGA])
Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 2002
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
Capabilities: [58] Express Endpoint IRQ 0
Device: Supported: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, ExtTag+
Device: Latency L0s <256ns, L1 <4us
Device: AtnBtn- AtnInd- PwrInd-
Device: Errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
Device: RlxdOrd+ ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+
Device: MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
Link: Supported Speed 2.5Gb/s, Width x16, ASPM L0s L1, Port 0
Link: Latency L0s <256ns, L1 <2us
Link: ASPM L1 Enabled RCB 64 bytes CommClk+ ExtSynch-
Link: Speed 2.5Gb/s, Width x16
Capabilities: [80] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-
Address: 0000000000000000 Data: 0000

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5751 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express (rev 01)
Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0186
Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
Capabilities: [50] Vital Product Data
Capabilities: [58] Message Signalled Interrupts: Mask- 64bit+ Queue=0/3 Enable-
Address: 44254029c0022c60 Data: 0811
Capabilities: [d0] Express Endpoint IRQ 0
Device: Supported: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, ExtTag+
Device: Latency L0s <4us, L1 unlimited
Device: AtnBtn- AtnInd- PwrInd-
Device: Errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
Device: RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
Device: MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 4096 bytes
Link: Supported Speed 2.5Gb/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s, Port 0
Link: Latency L0s <2us, L1 <64us
Link: ASPM Disabled RCB 64 bytes CommClk+ ExtSynch-
Link: Speed 2.5Gb/s, Width x1

03:01.0 CardBus bridge: Texas Instruments PCI6515 Cardbus Controller
Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0186
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
Latency: 168, Cache Line Size: 128 bytes
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 17
Region 0: Memory at dfb00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Bus: primary=03, secondary=04, subordinate=07, sec-latency=176
Memory window 0: 88000000-8bfff000 (prefetchable)
Memory window 1: 8c000000-8ffff000
I/O window 0: 00002000-000020ff
I/O window 1: 00002400-000024ff
BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR- ISA- VGA- MAbort- >Reset+ 16bInt+ PostWrite+
16-bit legacy interface ports at 0001

03:01.5 Communication controller: Texas Instruments PCI6515 SmartCard Controller
Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 0186
Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-

03:03.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection (rev 05)
Subsystem: Intel Corporation Unknown device 1021