-   -   Dual layer dvd burning (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/1053-dual-layer-dvd-burning.html)

Tim 11-20-2007 06:00 AM

Dual layer dvd burning

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 18:26 -0500, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> Most DVD ROM drives will *read* DL drives.

I think they'd all *have* to, unless they were only ever intended for
single-layer data use only. DVD-video has been the biggest user of DVD
since it's inception, and double-layer was always a part of its
specifications.

important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.

"Roberto Malinverni" 11-20-2007 08:46 AM

Dual layer dvd burning

You can burn files >= 2Gb using UDF, and files >=4Gb using
"-allow-limited-size"
with growisofs. You need to mount the burned disk with "-t udf".

--
Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'