Old 12-02-2007, 10:07 AM
"Dotan Cohen"

Default Cannot select text for non-breaking

On OOo 2.3 on Ubuntu Feisty, I have a paragraph and it's title that I
need to keep together on a single page. I highlight it all, then
Format -> Paragraph -> Text Flow -> Options but the "do not split
paragraph" option is greyed out. How can I enable it?

Note: I just tried highlighting a single paragraph and instructing OOo
not to break it, and the option is still greyed out. Note that these
are short paragraphs, so they will most certainly fit on a page.

Also, if this information is online and I missed it, please RTFM me
with a link. I feel especially dependent upon this mailing list the
past week, and I'm trying to become more independent. Thanks in
advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old 12-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Sun, 2007-12-02 at 13:07 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On OOo 2.3 on Ubuntu Feisty, I have a paragraph and it's title that I
> need to keep together on a single page. I highlight it all, then
> Format -> Paragraph -> Text Flow -> Options but the "do not split
> paragraph" option is greyed out. How can I enable it?
Why are you asking Ubuntu questions here, why haven't you updated to
gursy , etc, etc? The do not split paragraph is not greyed out in
Fedora.

> Note: I just tried highlighting a single paragraph and instructing OOo
> not to break it, and the option is still greyed out. Note that these
> are short paragraphs, so they will most certainly fit on a page.
>
> Also, if this information is online and I missed it, please RTFM me
> with a link. I feel especially dependent upon this mailing list the
> past week, and I'm trying to become more independent. Thanks in
> advance.
>
> Dotan Cohen
>
> http://what-is-what.com
> http://gibberish.co.il
<א-ב-ג-ד-ה-ו-ז-ח-ט-י-ך-כ-ל-ם-מ-ן-*-ס-ע-ף-פ-ץ-צ-ק-ר-ש-ת

Old 12-02-2007, 09:56 PM
"Dotan Cohen"

On 02/12/2007, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-12-02 at 13:07 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > On OOo 2.3 on Ubuntu Feisty, I have a paragraph and it's title that I
> > need to keep together on a single page. I highlight it all, then
> > Format -> Paragraph -> Text Flow -> Options but the "do not split
> > paragraph" option is greyed out. How can I enable it?
>
> Why are you asking Ubuntu questions here, why haven't you updated to
> gursy , etc, etc? The do not split paragraph is not greyed out in
> Fedora.

Sorry, I have both Fedora and Ubuntu machines. I posted to the wrong
list, probably out of muscle-memory habit. Good thing that doesn't
happen to me when I post a question or problem to the fleshlight-users
list.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old 12-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Tony Nelson

At 1:07 PM +0200 12/2/07, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>On OOo 2.3 on Ubuntu Feisty, I have a paragraph and it's title that I
>need to keep together on a single page. I highlight it all, then
>Format -> Paragraph -> Text Flow -> Options but the "do not split
>paragraph" option is greyed out. How can I enable it?
>
>Note: I just tried highlighting a single paragraph and instructing OOo
>not to break it, and the option is still greyed out. Note that these
>are short paragraphs, so they will most certainly fit on a page.

I think you need "Keep with next paragraph" instead, which WFM when I try
it in Fedora 7's OOWriter 2.3.0-6.4.fc7.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:20 AM
"Dotan Cohen"

On 03/12/2007, Tony Nelson <tonynelson@georgeanelson.com> wrote:
> At 1:07 PM +0200 12/2/07, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> >On OOo 2.3 on Ubuntu Feisty, I have a paragraph and it's title that I
> >need to keep together on a single page. I highlight it all, then
> >Format -> Paragraph -> Text Flow -> Options but the "do not split
> >paragraph" option is greyed out. How can I enable it?
> >
> >Note: I just tried highlighting a single paragraph and instructing OOo
> >not to break it, and the option is still greyed out. Note that these
> >are short paragraphs, so they will most certainly fit on a page.
>
> I think you need "Keep with next paragraph" instead, which WFM when I try
> it in Fedora 7's OOWriter 2.3.0-6.4.fc7.

Thanks. KWNP is having no effect on the text whatsoever. Googling the
situation leads me to other people for whom KWNP does not work either.
I'm heading over to the OOo bugzilla now. Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.