Old 12-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Chris G

Default How to specify specific version etc. in yum

The yum man page doesn't seem to say how to specify specific versions
of a package, it just says:-

yum [options] [command] [package ...]

and expands on the options and command but not on the package. How
does one specify a 32-bit or 64-bit package and how does one specify a
particular version (for example for removing an older version of a
package)?

--
Chris Green

Old 12-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Chris G

On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 10:17:34AM +0000, Chris G wrote:
> The yum man page doesn't seem to say how to specify specific versions
> of a package, it just says:-
>
> yum [options] [command] [package ...]
>
> and expands on the options and command but not on the package. How
> does one specify a 32-bit or 64-bit package and how does one specify a
> particular version (for example for removing an older version of a
> package)?

Oops, yes it does, it's in the MISC section, how did I miss that,
sorry folks.

--
Chris Green