Old 02-11-2008, 08:27 PM
Eric

Default Question

Mike Bullen wrote:
> The graphics card is "Integ graphics accelerator 950" do I need a Linux
> driver for this card?

Try this link.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=3085112.0

This article is called "How To Get Started With No GUI"

Eric Jackson

Old 04-02-2008, 11:29 AM
"chuck Zahn"

***** Are they going to realease gobuntu for order to get free.* like Ubuntu, Kubuntu and EDUbuntu.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Kurt von Finck

chuck Zahn wrote:
> Are they going to realease gobuntu for order to get free. like
> Ubuntu, Kubuntu and EDUbuntu.

I'm guessing you mean the Ship-It service, which provides snail-mailed CDs.

https://shipit.ubuntu.com/

My guess is no, as Gobuntu is an Ubuntu project and not a product.
Xubuntu also falls into this category.

Ubuntu, Kubuntu and Edubuntu are the official Canonical products, and I
think that's the determining factor into Ship-It availability.

N.B. - My role as Canonical employee doesn't bring me near Ship-It or
its policies much. My impressions of Ship-It policy are just that.

--
./k

Kurt von Finck

Senior Ubuntu System Support Analyst
Canonical, Ltd.

public key: keyserver.ubuntu.com
key id: 5229D26A
fingerprint: 127A A484 ADBF A5AD E7FB 8CD2 8913 18F4 5229 D26A

Old 10-06-2008, 08:43 AM
Nicolangelo Iannella

Has fc10 been released? I have just received notification through the
package manger that 802 updates are available and all have the labels
fc10 ... is this a beta?

best regards,

Old 10-06-2008, 08:49 AM
"Antonio M"

2008/10/6 Nicolangelo Iannella <nicolang@brain.riken.jp>:
> Has fc10 been released? I have just received notification through the
> package manger that 802 updates are available and all have the labels fc10
> ... is this a beta?
>
> best regards,

it means that you have enabled rawhide in repository management (yum
configuration files).
I understand that F10Beta has been released, I am running F10 that is
a F9 upgraded through yum!!!
Minor issues, so that I am using it as my primary system also at work.

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag

Old 10-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Ed Greshko

Nicolangelo Iannella wrote:
> Has fc10 been released? I have just received notification through the
> package manger that 802 updates are available and all have the labels
> fc10 ... is this a beta?

F10 (no more "Core") is currently in beta.

--
"And, when the doctor said I didn't have worms any more, that was the
happiest day of my life." --Ralph Wiggum Lisa the Greek (Episode 8F12)

Old 10-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Jerry Geis

I am trying to increment a filename in a script example name is 000001.txt
and I need to keep the leading 0's. I have no problem if the name was
1.txt, 2.txt etc...

var=`expr $var + 1`

however how do I keep the leading 0's?

Thanks,

Jerry

Old 10-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Matt Hyclak

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 10:52:15AM -0400, Jerry Geis enlightened us:
> I am trying to increment a filename in a script example name is 000001.txt
> and I need to keep the leading 0's. I have no problem if the name was
> 1.txt, 2.txt etc...
> var=`expr $var + 1`
>
> however how do I keep the leading 0's?

printf

--
Matt Hyclak
Systems and Operations

Old 10-17-2008, 03:31 PM
Jerry Geis

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 10:52:15AM -0400, Jerry Geis enlightened us:
>/ I am trying to increment a filename in a script example name is 000001.txt
/>/ and I need to keep the leading 0's. I have no problem if the name was
/>/ 1.txt, 2.txt etc...

/>/ var=`expr $var + 1`
/>/
/>/ however how do I keep the leading 0's?
/>/
/

printf

perfect - thanks,

Jerry

Old 12-13-2008, 01:05 PM
"Zoltan Kerenyi Nagy"

Hi Guys!

Sorry but I'm new to this whole mailing list additionaly english is not my first language.
How can I make sure that the question I sent to this mail list is in the system yet, and you have seen it?

Thanks,

Zoltan