Old 12-02-2007, 05:25 AM

Default What does this (error) message mean?

What does this error message mean?

crond[13121]: pam_loginuid(crond:session): set_loginuid failed opening
loginuid: 1 Time(s)

Who is issueing it?
Should I be worried about this?
Does it (just) mean something is missing (what?)?
I seem to see it about 40times in a given Logwatch output?

Any and all thoughts appreciated.
This is Fedora6 with a 2.6.23.1 kernel.
--
Reg.Clemens
reg@dwf.com

Old 12-02-2007, 08:51 AM
"Tod Merley"

On Dec 1, 2007 10:25 PM, <clemens@dwf.com> wrote:
> What does this error message mean?
>
> crond[13121]: pam_loginuid(crond:session): set_loginuid failed opening
> loginuid: 1 Time(s)
>
> Who is issueing it?
> Should I be worried about this?
> Does it (just) mean something is missing (what?)?
> I seem to see it about 40times in a given Logwatch output?
>
> Any and all thoughts appreciated.
> This is Fedora6 with a 2.6.23.1 kernel.
> --
> Reg.Clemens
> reg@dwf.com

Hi Reg.Clemens!

Google is our friend!

A search on "pam_loginuid(crond:session):" showed some interesting
things. Checking out some documentation on the Pluggable
Authentication Modules (PAM) was also quite educational.

Good Hunting!

Tod