FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor


 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Karl Larsen
 
Default Not now

Someone last night got on my setup for this login and set it to send
no email to me. I turned on and there was no fedora list mail. Had to
work and just fixed the problem. Now things are good again. Sure hope
the person who did this will stop. It is no fun causing others problems.



--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User
#450462 http://counter.li.org.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-02-2007, 01:08 AM
David Timms
 
Default Not now

Karl Larsen wrote:
Someone last night got on my setup for this login and set it to send
no email to me. I turned on and there was no fedora list mail. Had to
work and just fixed the problem. Now things are good again. Sure hope
the person who did this will stop. It is no fun causing others problems.


I hope you invented a new password for your redhat lists !

DaveT.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-02-2007, 02:27 AM
"Jacques B."
 
Default Not now

On Dec 1, 2007 6:46 PM, Karl Larsen <k5di@zianet.com> wrote:
> Someone last night got on my setup for this login and set it to send
> no email to me. I turned on and there was no fedora list mail. Had to
> work and just fixed the problem. Now things are good again. Sure hope
> the person who did this will stop. It is no fun causing others problems.
>
>
> Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
> Linux User
> #450462 http://counter.li.org.

Not to mention illegal. Regardless what differences people may have
with you or someone else on the list, that is not an acceptable way to
deal with it. You may want to contact the list administrator to find
out if they log IPs that connected to your account. If so the
attacker's ISP can be identified which in turn their records can lead
the proper authorities to the attacker. Even if you don't pursue a
criminal complaint you can at minimum pursue a complaint with the ISP
of that IP who in turn can take whatever disciplinary action they see
appropriate.

And the suggestion by David to make sure you change your password (and
secret question if applicable) is a very good one.

Jacques B.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Karl Larsen
 
Default Not now

David Timms wrote:

Karl Larsen wrote:
Someone last night got on my setup for this login and set it to
send no email to me. I turned on and there was no fedora list mail.
Had to work and just fixed the problem. Now things are good again.
Sure hope the person who did this will stop. It is no fun causing
others problems.


I hope you invented a new password for your redhat lists !

DaveT.


Yes I did. It will make it harder.

Karl


--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User
#450462 http://counter.li.org.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Nigel Henry
 
Default Not now

On Sunday 02 December 2007 00:46, Karl Larsen wrote:
> Someone last night got on my setup for this login and set it to send
> no email to me. I turned on and there was no fedora list mail. Had to
> work and just fixed the problem. Now things are good again. Sure hope
> the person who did this will stop. It is no fun causing others problems.
>
>
> --
>
> Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
> Linux User
> #450462 http://counter.li.org.

Hi Karl. As I said to you offlist, this may be just down to mail being sent to
you from the list, being bounced back to the list. I'm on a few lists, but
know that if too many bounce backs are received, some list administrators
will disable mail being sent to you. Then, as "you" have, you have to go to
your mail delivery options, and reset it to enabled.

I do hope that nobody on the list would be so vindictive as to hack into your
subscribe options, and disable mail being sent to you. That as far as I'm
concerned would be totally out of order, and just can't believe that's the
case.

I've had problems sending to some lists. Mailman for sourceforge hosted lists
was refusing to accept mail sent to various lists, and I had to change the
address I was sending from. I also had problems sending to the ntp list.
SORBS was blacklisting mail sent to the ntp list from my ISP. I contacted the
guy handling spam at the ntp list, and he removed my ISP from the SORBS
blacklist, with the proviso that if spam levels went up, the ISP would again
be blacklisted. So far so good on that one.

I think that rather than jumping to conclusions, which I hope are wrong, I'd
send an email to the list administrator, and ask why my mail deliveries had
been disabled. See below. Make sure to specify the mailing list your
referring to.

mailman-owner@redhat.com.

All the best mate.

Nigel.



--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-02-2007, 05:20 PM
David Boles
 
Default Not now

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Sunday 02 December 2007 00:46, Karl Larsen wrote:
>> Someone last night got on my setup for this login and set it to send
>> no email to me. I turned on and there was no fedora list mail. Had to
>> work and just fixed the problem. Now things are good again. Sure hope
>> the person who did this will stop. It is no fun causing others problems.
>>
>>
>> --
>>
>> Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
>> Linux User
>> #450462 http://counter.li.org.
>
> Hi Karl. As I said to you offlist, this may be just down to mail being sent to
> you from the list, being bounced back to the list. I'm on a few lists, but
> know that if too many bounce backs are received, some list administrators
> will disable mail being sent to you. Then, as "you" have, you have to go to
> your mail delivery options, and reset it to enabled.
>
> I do hope that nobody on the list would be so vindictive as to hack into your
> subscribe options, and disable mail being sent to you. That as far as I'm
> concerned would be totally out of order, and just can't believe that's the
> case.
>
> I've had problems sending to some lists. Mailman for sourceforge hosted lists
> was refusing to accept mail sent to various lists, and I had to change the
> address I was sending from. I also had problems sending to the ntp list.
> SORBS was blacklisting mail sent to the ntp list from my ISP. I contacted the
> guy handling spam at the ntp list, and he removed my ISP from the SORBS
> blacklist, with the proviso that if spam levels went up, the ISP would again
> be blacklisted. So far so good on that one.
>
> I think that rather than jumping to conclusions, which I hope are wrong, I'd
> send an email to the list administrator, and ask why my mail deliveries had
> been disabled. See below. Make sure to specify the mailing list your
> referring to.
>
> mailman-owner@redhat.com.
>
> All the best mate.


I agree with Nigel. My ISP's email server blocks list traffic from
Fedora/Redhat servers. All of them. But allows traffic from several
others. Two of which use Mailman.

And while they were doing that I got 'stopped'. I had to change the
email server and restart the list(s).
- --


David
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (MingW32)

iD8DBQFHUvd8AO0wNI1X4QERAlBQAJ4sVj4HZAlBnmoTTdb8vh orZRNsPgCfaRpJ
m5dB1+4fZh1t9RzKMq/tNeU=
=LZq+
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Karl Larsen
 
Default Not now

David Boles wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Nigel Henry wrote:


On Sunday 02 December 2007 00:46, Karl Larsen wrote:


Someone last night got on my setup for this login and set it to send
no email to me. I turned on and there was no fedora list mail. Had to
work and just fixed the problem. Now things are good again. Sure hope
the person who did this will stop. It is no fun causing others problems.


--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User
#450462 http://counter.li.org.

Hi Karl. As I said to you offlist, this may be just down to mail being sent to
you from the list, being bounced back to the list. I'm on a few lists, but
know that if too many bounce backs are received, some list administrators
will disable mail being sent to you. Then, as "you" have, you have to go to
your mail delivery options, and reset it to enabled.


I do hope that nobody on the list would be so vindictive as to hack into your
subscribe options, and disable mail being sent to you. That as far as I'm
concerned would be totally out of order, and just can't believe that's the
case.


I've had problems sending to some lists. Mailman for sourceforge hosted lists
was refusing to accept mail sent to various lists, and I had to change the
address I was sending from. I also had problems sending to the ntp list.
SORBS was blacklisting mail sent to the ntp list from my ISP. I contacted the
guy handling spam at the ntp list, and he removed my ISP from the SORBS
blacklist, with the proviso that if spam levels went up, the ISP would again
be blacklisted. So far so good on that one.


I think that rather than jumping to conclusions, which I hope are wrong, I'd
send an email to the list administrator, and ask why my mail deliveries had
been disabled. See below. Make sure to specify the mailing list your
referring to.


mailman-owner@redhat.com.

All the best mate.




I agree with Nigel. My ISP's email server blocks list traffic from
Fedora/Redhat servers. All of them. But allows traffic from several
others. Two of which use Mailman.

And while they were doing that I got 'stopped'. I had to change the
email server and restart the list(s).
- --


David
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (MingW32)

iD8DBQFHUvd8AO0wNI1X4QERAlBQAJ4sVj4HZAlBnmoTTdb8vh orZRNsPgCfaRpJ
m5dB1+4fZh1t9RzKMq/tNeU=
=LZq+
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


David my ISP could care less. He gives me the Internet and expects
me to use it. He provides the mail server and sometimes has trouble but
gets it fixed. I use it as my wife does as we want to. So I am happy.


If the ISP gets bad I will just change to my other email server
gemail. This is done by Google and yes I am klarsen1 on that. And I can
save $25.00/mo since with a web based email I can just buy the Internet.
It is quite cheap.


Karl


--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User
#450462 http://counter.li.org.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-02-2007, 06:54 PM
David Boles
 
Default Not now

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Karl Larsen wrote:
> David Boles wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
>
>
>
> I agree with Nigel. My ISP's email server blocks list traffic from
> Fedora/Redhat servers. All of them. But allows traffic from several
> others. Two of which use Mailman.
>
> And while they were doing that I got 'stopped'. I had to change the
> email server and restart the list(s).

> David my ISP could care less. He gives me the Internet and expects me
> to use it. He provides the mail server and sometimes has trouble but
> gets it fixed. I use it as my wife does as we want to. So I am happy.

> If the ISP gets bad I will just change to my other email server
> gemail. This is done by Google and yes I am klarsen1 on that. And I can
> save $25.00/mo since with a web based email I can just buy the Internet.
> It is quite cheap.

> Karl

It is gmail that I switched the Redhat lists to from my ISP's server.
Actually I use the ISP server for very little.
- --


David

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (MingW32)

iD8DBQFHUw1oAO0wNI1X4QERAgSQAJ4hE7j8BVjWaK53dpnEMh yF4gD3hgCgmF4u
dje/+a5AOHE0CFRXOS5wAkg=
=Hhh1
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:43 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org