Old 12-01-2007, 08:30 PM
Globe Trotter

Default open source player for .rm, .ram, etc files?

Is there a true open source player available for files that would also be
played by RealPlayer? Is there something other than HelixPlayer? Though I can
not seem to find the latter on F8.

Best,
Trotter

Old 12-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Alexandru Ciobanu

Globe Trotter wrote:

Is there a true open source player available for files that would also be
played by RealPlayer? Is there something other than HelixPlayer?

MPlayer

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/

For Fedora you can find it on Livna:

http://rpm.livna.org

Old 12-04-2007, 02:09 PM
offset

On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 01:30:05PM -0800, Globe Trotter wrote:
> Is there a true open source player available for files that would also be
> played by RealPlayer? Is there something other than HelixPlayer? Though I can
> not seem to find the latter on F8.
>
> Best,
> Trotter

Great link for media in Fedora 8 (including RealPlayer)

http://www.gagme.com/greg/linux/f8-tips.php
--
offset

Old 12-04-2007, 02:10 PM