Old 12-01-2007, 07:45 PM
"Paul Smith"

Default Installing thunderbird non-English dictionaries on F8

Dear All,

How can one install thunderbird non-English dictionaries on F8?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Old 12-01-2007, 08:12 PM
David Boles

Old 12-01-2007, 08:22 PM
"Paul Smith"

On Dec 1, 2007 9:12 PM, David Boles <dgboles@gmail.com> wrote:
> > How can one install thunderbird non-English dictionaries on F8?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
>
> Thunderbird > Edit > Preferences > Composition > Spelling > Download
> More Dictionaries - will open your browser to the TB dictionary page.
>
> *Read* the directions. They are important.

Thanks, David. I have done so and it is says that the dictionary was
installed, but afterwards the dictionary does not appear in the list
of dictionaries in Thunderbird.

Paul

Old 12-01-2007, 09:40 PM
David Boles

Old 12-01-2007, 09:55 PM
David Boles

Old 12-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Antonio

2007/12/1, David Boles <dgboles@gmail.com>:

Did you change permissions on dictionary files???
--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag

Old 12-01-2007, 10:09 PM
"Paul Smith"

On Dec 1, 2007 11:04 PM, Antonio <antonio.montagnani@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Thanks, David. I have done so and it is says that the dictionary was
> > > installed, but afterwards the dictionary does not appear in the list
> > > of dictionaries in Thunderbird.
> >

> > Another question. Did you restart TB after installing the dictionary as
> > it told you to do?
> >
> > I just installed additional dictionary and it works just fine.
>
> Did you change permissions on dictionary files???

The permissions of the xpi file are:

-rw-rw-r--

Paul

Old 12-01-2007, 10:11 PM
"Paul Smith"

On Dec 1, 2007 10:55 PM, David Boles <dgboles@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Thunderbird > Edit > Preferences > Composition > Spelling > Download
> >> More Dictionaries - will open your browser to the TB dictionary page.
> >>
> >> *Read* the directions. They are important.
> >
> > Thanks, David. I have done so and it is says that the dictionary was
> > installed, but afterwards the dictionary does not appear in the list
> > of dictionaries in Thunderbird.
>
> Another question. Did you restart TB after installing the dictionary as
> it told you to do?
>
> I just installed additional dictionary and it works just fine.

I have strictly followed all your suggestions. It says that it
installed the dictionary, but afterwards the dictionary does not
appear in the dictionaries list (in Thunderbird).

Paul

Old 12-01-2007, 10:19 PM
"Paul Smith"

On Dec 1, 2007 11:11 PM, Paul Smith <phhs80@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Thanks, David. I have done so and it is says that the dictionary was
> > > installed, but afterwards the dictionary does not appear in the list
> > > of dictionaries in Thunderbird.
> >
> > Another question. Did you restart TB after installing the dictionary as
> > it told you to do?
> >
> > I just installed additional dictionary and it works just fine.
>
> I have strictly followed all your suggestions. It says that it
> installed the dictionary, but afterwards the dictionary does not
> appear in the dictionaries list (in Thunderbird).

Where is the directory in which Thunderbird looks for the
dictionaries? Maybe I could copy to there the .aff and the .dic files
of the dictionary that I am wanting to install.

Paul

Old 12-01-2007, 10:20 PM
David Boles