FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Chris G
 
Default yum install sane-backends-libs fails

I want to install sane-backends-libs but it fails because of conflicts
between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions, I want both versions, how can
I force the install?

I suspect the errors are irrelevant:-

Transaction Check Error:
file /usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/libexif-12.mo from install of
libexif-0.6.15-2.fc7 conflicts with file from package libexif-0.6.13-3.fc7
file /usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/libexif-12.mo from install of
libexif-0.6.15-2.fc7 conflicts with file from package libexif-0.6.13-3.fc7
file /usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/libexif-12.mo from install of
libexif-0.6.15-2.fc7 conflicts with file from package libexif-0.6.13-3.fc7
file /usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/libexif-12.mo from install of
libexif-0.6.15-2.fc7 conflicts with file from package libexif-0.6.13-3.fc7


--
Chris Green

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-02-2007, 07:57 AM
"Michael Schwendt"
 
Default yum install sane-backends-libs fails

On 01/12/2007, Chris G <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
> I want to install sane-backends-libs but it fails because of conflicts
> between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions, I want both versions, how can
> I force the install?

Don't.

The libexif update is available for both i386 and x86_64 in the x86_64
"updates" repository since June. So, how is your Yum configured? What
repositories? What yum.conf? How did you try to install the
sane-backends-libs package?

> I suspect the errors are irrelevant:-

No, they are relevant.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Chris G
 
Default yum install sane-backends-libs fails

On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 09:57:53AM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On 01/12/2007, Chris G <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
> > I want to install sane-backends-libs but it fails because of conflicts
> > between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions, I want both versions, how can
> > I force the install?
>
> Don't.
>
> The libexif update is available for both i386 and x86_64 in the x86_64
> "updates" repository since June. So, how is your Yum configured? What
> repositories? What yum.conf? How did you try to install the
> sane-backends-libs package?
>
Here's yum.conf:-

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
keepcache=0
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1
plugins=1
metadata_expire=1800

I just did "yum install sane-backends-libs" and got the following:-

Loading "installonlyn" plugin
livna 100% |=========================| 2.1 kB
00:00
fedora 100% |=========================| 2.1 kB
00:00
adobe-linux-i386 100% |=========================| 951 B
00:00
updates 100% |=========================| 2.3 kB
00:00
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package sane-backends-libs.i386 0:1.0.18-15.fc7 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: libgphoto2.so.2 for package:
sane-backends-libs
--> Processing Dependency: libexif.so.12 for package:
sane-backends-libs
--> Processing Dependency: sane-backends = 1.0.18-15.fc7 for package:
sane-backends-libs
--> Processing Dependency: libgphoto2_port.so.0 for package:
sane-backends-libs
---> Package sane-backends-libs.x86_64 0:1.0.18-15.fc7 set to be
updated
--> Running transaction check
---> Package libexif.i386 0:0.6.15-2.fc7 set to be updated
---> Package sane-backends.x86_64 0:1.0.18-15.fc7 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: libsane-hpaio for package: sane-backends
---> Package gphoto2.i386 0:2.3.1-5.fc7 set to be updated
--> Running transaction check
---> Package libsane-hpaio.x86_64 0:1.7.4a-6.fc7 set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

================================================== ===========================
Package Arch Version Repository
Size
================================================== ===========================
Installing:
sane-backends-libs i386 1.0.18-15.fc7 updates
2.3 M
Installing for dependencies:
gphoto2 i386 2.3.1-5.fc7 fedora
1.4 M
libexif i386 0.6.15-2.fc7 updates
229 k
libsane-hpaio x86_64 1.7.4a-6.fc7 updates
64 k
sane-backends x86_64 1.0.18-15.fc7 updates
1.0 M
sane-backends-libs x86_64 1.0.18-15.fc7 updates
2.3 M

Transaction Summary
================================================== ===========================
Install 6 Package(s)
Update 0 Package(s)
Remove 0 Package(s)

Total download size: 7.4 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
Running rpm_check_debug
Running Transaction Test
Finished Transaction Test


Transaction Check Error:
file /usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/libexif-12.mo from install of
libexif-0.6.15-2.fc7 conflicts with file from package
libexif-0.6.13-3.fc7
file /usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/libexif-12.mo from install of
libexif-0.6.15-2.fc7 conflicts with file from package
libexif-0.6.13-3.fc7
file /usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/libexif-12.mo from install of
libexif-0.6.15-2.fc7 conflicts with file from package
libexif-0.6.13-3.fc7
file /usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/libexif-12.mo from install of
libexif-0.6.15-2.fc7 conflicts with file from package
libexif-0.6.13-3.fc7

Error Summary
-------------

home#



> > I suspect the errors are irrelevant:-
>
> No, they are relevant.
>
I've had this problem before where I want both 32-bit and 64-bit
libraries installed, if they're just a bit out of step.

--
Chris Green

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-02-2007, 03:37 PM
"Michael Schwendt"
 
Default yum install sane-backends-libs fails

On 02/12/2007, Chris G <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 09:57:53AM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > On 01/12/2007, Chris G <cl@isbd.net> wrote:
> > > I want to install sane-backends-libs but it fails because of conflicts
> > > between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions, I want both versions, how can
> > > I force the install?
> >
> > Don't.
> >
> > The libexif update is available for both i386 and x86_64 in the x86_64
> > "updates" repository since June. So, how is your Yum configured? What
> > repositories? What yum.conf? How did you try to install the
> > sane-backends-libs package?
> >
> Here's yum.conf:-
>
> [main]
> cachedir=/var/cache/yum
> keepcache=0
> debuglevel=2
> logfile=/var/log/yum.log
> exactarch=1
> obsoletes=1
> gpgcheck=1
> plugins=1
> metadata_expire=1800
>
> I just did "yum install sane-backends-libs" and got the following:-
>
> Loading "installonlyn" plugin
> livna 100% |=========================| 2.1 kB
> 00:00
> fedora 100% |=========================| 2.1 kB
> 00:00
> adobe-linux-i386 100% |=========================| 951 B
> 00:00
> updates 100% |=========================| 2.3 kB
> 00:00
> Setting up Install Process
> Parsing package install arguments
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Running transaction check
> ---> Package sane-backends-libs.i386 0:1.0.18-15.fc7 set to be updated
> --> Processing Dependency: libgphoto2.so.2 for package:
> sane-backends-libs
> --> Processing Dependency: libexif.so.12 for package:
> sane-backends-libs
> --> Processing Dependency: sane-backends = 1.0.18-15.fc7 for package:
> sane-backends-libs
> --> Processing Dependency: libgphoto2_port.so.0 for package:
> sane-backends-libs
> ---> Package sane-backends-libs.x86_64 0:1.0.18-15.fc7 set to be
> updated
> --> Running transaction check
> ---> Package libexif.i386 0:0.6.15-2.fc7 set to be updated
> ---> Package sane-backends.x86_64 0:1.0.18-15.fc7 set to be updated
> --> Processing Dependency: libsane-hpaio for package: sane-backends
> ---> Package gphoto2.i386 0:2.3.1-5.fc7 set to be updated
> --> Running transaction check
> ---> Package libsane-hpaio.x86_64 0:1.7.4a-6.fc7 set to be updated
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
>
> Dependencies Resolved
>
> ================================================== ===========================
> Package Arch Version Repository
> Size
> ================================================== ===========================
> Installing:
> sane-backends-libs i386 1.0.18-15.fc7 updates
> 2.3 M
> Installing for dependencies:
> gphoto2 i386 2.3.1-5.fc7 fedora
> 1.4 M
> libexif i386 0.6.15-2.fc7 updates
> 229 k
> libsane-hpaio x86_64 1.7.4a-6.fc7 updates
> 64 k
> sane-backends x86_64 1.0.18-15.fc7 updates
> 1.0 M
> sane-backends-libs x86_64 1.0.18-15.fc7 updates
> 2.3 M
>
> Transaction Summary
> ================================================== ===========================
> Install 6 Package(s)
> Update 0 Package(s)
> Remove 0 Package(s)
>
> Total download size: 7.4 M
> Is this ok [y/N]: y
> Downloading Packages:
> Running rpm_check_debug
> Running Transaction Test
> Finished Transaction Test
>
>
> Transaction Check Error:
> file /usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/libexif-12.mo from install of
> libexif-0.6.15-2.fc7 conflicts with file from package
> libexif-0.6.13-3.fc7
> file /usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/libexif-12.mo from install of
> libexif-0.6.15-2.fc7 conflicts with file from package
> libexif-0.6.13-3.fc7
> file /usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/libexif-12.mo from install of
> libexif-0.6.15-2.fc7 conflicts with file from package
> libexif-0.6.13-3.fc7
> file /usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/libexif-12.mo from install of
> libexif-0.6.15-2.fc7 conflicts with file from package
> libexif-0.6.13-3.fc7
>
> Error Summary
> -------------
>
> home#
>
>
>
> > > I suspect the errors are irrelevant:-
> >
> > No, they are relevant.
> >
> I've had this problem before where I want both 32-bit and 64-bit
> libraries installed, if they're just a bit out of step.

Ah, you probably see a problem in Yum. Run "yum update" first. Or "yum
update libexif" to make sure your installed x86_64 libexif becomes the
latest before using "yum install ..." to install extra packages. Then,
when the i386 libexif is added to your installation, both will be the
same version-release and won't conflict.

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 
Old 12-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Chris G
 
Default yum install sane-backends-libs fails

On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 05:37:14PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > Transaction Check Error:
> > file /usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/libexif-12.mo from install of
> > libexif-0.6.15-2.fc7 conflicts with file from package
> > libexif-0.6.13-3.fc7
> > file /usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/libexif-12.mo from install of
> > libexif-0.6.15-2.fc7 conflicts with file from package
> > libexif-0.6.13-3.fc7
> > file /usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/libexif-12.mo from install of
> > libexif-0.6.15-2.fc7 conflicts with file from package
> > libexif-0.6.13-3.fc7
> > file /usr/share/locale/pl/LC_MESSAGES/libexif-12.mo from install of
> > libexif-0.6.15-2.fc7 conflicts with file from package
> > libexif-0.6.13-3.fc7
> >
> > Error Summary
> > -------------
> >
> > home#
> >
> >
> >
> > > > I suspect the errors are irrelevant:-
> > >
> > > No, they are relevant.
> > >
> > I've had this problem before where I want both 32-bit and 64-bit
> > libraries installed, if they're just a bit out of step.
>
> Ah, you probably see a problem in Yum. Run "yum update" first. Or "yum
> update libexif" to make sure your installed x86_64 libexif becomes the
> latest before using "yum install ..." to install extra packages. Then,
> when the i386 libexif is added to your installation, both will be the
> same version-release and won't conflict.
>

OK, thanks, that seems to have sorted it out.

--
Chris Green

--
fedora-list mailing list
fedora-list@redhat.com
To unsubscribe: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:15 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org