Old 12-01-2007, 06:05 PM
"Bruce Hyatt"

Default Yum.conf, Fedoracore2

I screwed up my yum.conf file and I can't get it back.

I don't remember the whole process, how it happened but right now I am using the file from the link found on the fedorafaq.org page and "yum update" is returning "ConfigParser.MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers."

Where can i find a yum.conf file that will work for installing and updating packages?

I'm running fedoracore2 with a 2.6 kernel.

Thanks,
Bruce

Old 12-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Chris Jones

Bruce Hyatt wrote:

I screwed up my yum.conf file and I can't get it back.

I don't remember the whole process, how it happened but right now I am using the file from the link found on the fedorafaq.org page and "yum update" is returning "ConfigParser.MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers."

Where can i find a yum.conf file that will work for installing and updating packages?

To be honest, I would be surprised if there were any updates available
for FC2 any more at all. Third party perhaps but certainly no new
security updates from fedora itself. FC2 is pretty out of date now.

Chris

Old 12-01-2007, 06:49 PM
David Boles

Old 12-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Alan Cox

On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 14:49:06 -0500
David Boles <dgboles@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bruce Hyatt wrote:
> > I screwed up my yum.conf file and I can't get it back.
> >
> > I don't remember the whole process, how it happened but right now I am using the file from the link found on the fedorafaq.org page and "yum update" is returning "ConfigParser.MissingSectionHeaderError: File contains no section headers."
> >
> > Where can i find a yum.conf file that will work for installing and updating packages?
> >
> > I'm running fedoracore2 with a 2.6 kernel.
>

> Fedora Core 2 was announced EOL (end of life - no more support/updates
> of any kind) on April 11, 2005.
>
> So are Fedora Core 3, 4, and 5 EOL but on various later dates.
>
> With the release of Fedora 8 it was announced that Fedora Core 6 will be
> EOL on December 7, 2007.
>
> Now. If what you are thinking of doing is to try to upgrade from FC2 to
> something much newer, like Fedora 7 or Fedora 8, I would highly
> recommend that you do *not* do that. Too much has changed over this much
> time.

You can live upgrade from 2 to 8 but it would be a good idea to go
through some others first. A straight CD update from 2 to 8 should work
fine.