Old 05-21-2008, 03:20 PM
"Adam Huffman"

Default Root unable to change services on F8

Recently I've been unable to start/stop services when running su -
root in a terminal of an X session.

The error I see is:

service certmaster status
env: /etc/init.d/certmaster: Permission denied

In permissive mode, the command succeeds. In that terminal root is:

unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:SystemLow-SystemHigh

If I login as root on the console, the command succeeds. However, I
prefer not to do that too often as it sometimes causes X to crash.
On the console, root is

system_u:system_r:unconfined_t

Old 05-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Daniel J Walsh

Adam Huffman wrote:
> Recently I've been unable to start/stop services when running su -
> root in a terminal of an X session.
>
> The error I see is:
>
> service certmaster status
> env: /etc/init.d/certmaster: Permission denied
>
> In permissive mode, the command succeeds. In that terminal root is:
>
> unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:SystemLow-SystemHigh
>
> If I login as root on the console, the command succeeds. However, I
> prefer not to do that too often as it sometimes causes X to crash.
> On the console, root is
>
> system_u:system_r:unconfined_t

Check the context on /etc/init.d/certmaster

restorecon -R -v /etc/init.d/certmaster