Old 09-18-2012, 07:32 PM
Dmitry Makovey

Default PostgreSQL PITR & SELinux

Hi everybody,

I have seen this topic pop up on this ML previously but without much traction.
However I'll try it again

I'm building PostgreSQL setup with PGPool-II replication and PITR. After some
tinkering I've arrived at a module with contents:

===pgsql-pitr.te===

module pgsql-pitr 1.7;

require {
type ssh_home_t;
type ssh_port_t;
type ssh_exec_t;
type rsync_exec_t;
type postgresql_t;
class tcp_socket name_connect;
class file { getattr execute read open execute_no_trans };
class dir { search getattr };
}

allow postgresql_t rsync_exec_t:file { read open execute_no_trans getattr
execute };

allow postgresql_t ssh_exec_t:file { read open execute execute_no_trans };

allow postgresql_t ssh_home_t:dir { search getattr };
allow postgresql_t ssh_home_t:file { read open getattr };

allow postgresql_t ssh_port_t:tcp_socket name_connect;

===end of pgsql-pitr.te===

All of the above to allow me to launch rsync as an "archive_command" from
postgres an copy WAL files from primary over to secondary, generated from
auditd messages thus very specific. I could probably drop the rsync part and
go with scp alone but that won't change what I'm about to ask.

What I really wander about is - above I've opened up quite a few things that
are very specific to this mode of operation, however I can't believe I'm in a
situation nobody else have been before and there are no booleans/tunables for
most of things outlined above. So is there a way to make above utilize
existing hooks or is it "as good as it gets"?

--
Dmitry Makovey
Web Systems Administrator

When in trouble when in doubt run in circles scream and shout
http://www.wordwizard.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19330

---