Old 04-15-2008, 12:00 PM
"Leonid Zeitlin"

Default Samba access to /var/www/html and webalizer

Hi all,
I want to export my /var/www/html directory via Samba. Man samba_selinux
suggests: "If you want to share files with multiple domains (Apache, FTP,
rsync, Samba), you can set a file context of public_content_t and
public_content_rw_t." Ok, I did just that and relabeled /var/www/html as
public_content_rw_t. I found that Samba still cannot access /var/www/html,
because /var/www was still labelled httpd_sys_content_t. Ok, I relabled
/var/www as well.

Now I see that webalizer can't work. It can't enter its directory
/var/www/usage, because /var/www is labelled public_content_t and webalizer
can't search this directory.

Short of setting samba_export_all_rw, is there a way to get both Samba and
Webalizer to work? Perhaps webalizer should be allowed to read/search
public_content_t and public_content_rw_t?

Thanks,
Leonid